• May 23rd, 2022 11:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1297 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Added SOFI at $18.xx. Most price targets are still at $25+ for it, and once their bank charter application gets approved, it should boost the SP.

Will add more CIDM if it goes below $1.50

Getting wrecked on LSPD, but it's a long term hold for me.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8193 posts
5062 upvotes
Vancouver
theinfamous wrote: Added SOFI at $18.xx. Most price targets are still at $25+ for it, and once their bank charter application gets approved, it should boost the SP.

Will add more CIDM if it goes below $1.50

Getting wrecked on LSPD, but it's a long term hold for me.
Bank charter can take up to 2 years though. I sold SOFI today, had bought at $14 and needed the funds.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1297 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote: Bank charter can take up to 2 years though. I sold SOFI today, had bought at $14 and needed the funds.
True, but SOFI is also a long term hold for me so I'm willing to wait.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Jun 2, 2020
998 posts
1065 upvotes
V5y1v1
MarinersFanatik wrote: In all fairness, Janus has only ever recommended allocating 1% of a portfolio towards TQQQ, which I don't think is a bad idea if you understand what you're getting into. To each their own. I'm more aggressive when it comes to investing in TQQQ, but I understand what I'm getting into here and the inevitable 90%+ drop isn't going to faze me. Hopefully.
@will888 @Janus2faced @leolozon @bigblue1ca

Re:/ 3x ETFs - from a few days ago (sorry to resurrect the regular topic).

I was poking around the internet and found a site that you all might be interested in - https://app.composer.trade/discover - it's a plugin for Alpaca brokerage in the US. We don't have access to Alpaca in Canada obviously but many of the "symphonies" (model portfolios) on the site use rule-based leverage via 3x ETFs. You can also make your own and backtest. A little cleaner than portfolio visualizer. I thought you all would find it worth a look (I'm not condoning or condemning this investing approach).
Jan 9, 2016
182 posts
143 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Bought ZM, hoping for a good earnings report later today.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19518 posts
12580 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GSXXRR wrote: PYPL free failing.
SQ is joining the party. It seems that everything is running away from Fintec and back to the major money center banks... but then stocks like V and MC should be up.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19518 posts
12580 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
theinfamous wrote: Added SOFI at $18.xx. Most price targets are still at $25+ for it, and once their bank charter application gets approved, it should boost the SP.
The reasoning is sound but the current Fintec trend is not your friend on this one.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23645 posts
12854 upvotes
Toronto
PaddyM77101 wrote: @will888 @Janus2faced @leolozon @bigblue1ca

Re:/ 3x ETFs - from a few days ago (sorry to resurrect the regular topic).

I was poking around the internet and found a site that you all might be interested in - https://app.composer.trade/discover - it's a plugin for Alpaca brokerage in the US. We don't have access to Alpaca in Canada obviously but many of the "symphonies" (model portfolios) on the site use rule-based leverage via 3x ETFs. You can also make your own and backtest. A little cleaner than portfolio visualizer. I thought you all would find it worth a look (I'm not condoning or condemning this investing approach).
I am the outspoken one against TQQQ. It is an unnecessary challenge to peace and tranquility.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5308 posts
2781 upvotes
Northside
pentexplorer wrote: anybody getting in GGPI / Polestar ?
I bought HYZN at $5.80 a few weeks ago (after the short report). Currently at $8.30.

Lotsa' hype around this.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1260 posts
1523 upvotes
will888 wrote: I am the outspoken one against TQQQ. It is an unnecessary challenge to peace and tranquility.
I'd like to think I get plenty of peace and tranquility despite the fact that I invest in TQQQ/UPRO Winking Face
Nov 25, 2010
86 posts
53 upvotes
Fredericton
mb7057 wrote: Bought ZM, hoping for a good earnings report later today.
You're brave. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1406 posts
590 upvotes
Good ER does not always go up..............
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
25234 posts
6922 upvotes
where I belong
LonesomeDove wrote: Not all tech is falling. Apple is up. Was 3% up, now 2% up. All time high.
AAPL closed at +0.29%, low of day
DAY RANGE $161.00 - $165.70

MOST Tech are falling
reps001 wrote: Good ER does not always go up..............
ZM -6% after-hours
That's how ER have been this quarter

Recent Fintech downtrend is so strong I don't even know why - b/c of Rates going up?
SQ PYPL SOFI plus BNPL names
ARKF -5% today

When I see -10~-20% drops on so many names without news, it's big warning
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Platinum/Biz Plat 100K || Aeroplan Reserve 150K
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
5496 posts
3484 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC

Best for last (not that I am a fan of zoom, but explain current state of the market)

Alterna Bank Thread
Stock Thread

TFSA Portfolio: AEM|ATD|BAM.A|BCE|BIP.UN|CCL.B|CNQ|CNR|CTC.A|ENB|FCD.UN|FN|FTS|FTT|GSY|IFC|IMO|MFC|MG|MRU|NA|NET.UN|SJ|T
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
25234 posts
6922 upvotes
where I belong
MoneyHypeMike wrote:

Best for last (not that I am a fan of zoom, but explain current state of the market)

Every time I read Charlie's tweets, I shake my head at this market
GME/AMC
RIVN market cap

Let's also see if we break the record # of ATH's in 2021, I think it's 65 or 66 now?
QQQ is like +30% YTD!!!
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Platinum/Biz Plat 100K || Aeroplan Reserve 150K

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 3 guests)

mb7057, goodzyk, wzpzj, automation, Allstar1988, mirooshidan