• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2022 9:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7373 posts
7559 upvotes
craftsman wrote: Cough, cough, cough... I posted about buying Ford on November 1st. 2021. Granted that was before the Rivian IPO but it was also back at $17.
Paid $15.63 Winking Face back in June, but never added. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23591 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: Loss aversion would explain the asymmetric reaction. Plus markets take the escalator up and the elevator down. Also some people hold things like TQQQ, call options, and use margin or HELOC.
If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. I have been staunchly against doing the 1% TQQQ thing. The strategy is not a game changer in terms of making money. Regardless of the rate of ascension, there is no emotion but the littlest magnified pullback brings out the angst. What is the point of creating these situations. We all know the market can go in either direction on any given day with total unpredictability. Anyway, I was a cool as a cucumber today. When the dust settled, I actually eked out a tiny gain.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3776 posts
2953 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. Pouting FacePouting FacePouting Face I have been staunchly against doing the 1% TQQQ thing. The strategy is not a game changer in terms of making money. Regardless of the rate of ascension, there is no emotion but the littlest magnified pullback brings out the angst. What is the point of creating these situations. We all know the market can go in either direction on any given day with total unpredictability. Anyway, I was a cool as a cucumber today. When the dust settled, I actually eked out a tiny gain.
No one's gona listen to you buddy, no matter how hard you pound the tablePouting FacePouting FacePouting Face lol.

I rather poo my pants every quarter than invest like a grandma 🤣. I need the money.
If you buy vgro for a thousand years Vancouver homes will still be out of reach.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23591 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: No one's gona listen to you buddy, no matter how hard you pound the tablePouting FacePouting FacePouting Face lol.

I rather poo my pants every quarter than invest like a grandma 🤣. I need the money.
I am happy with the base hits and the occasional extra bases. Strikeouts are not in the cards. The most important thing to me is being able to stay the course and time. I think you want the money more than you need the money. The Psychology of Money would be a great read for you.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3776 posts
2953 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: I am happy with the base hits and the occasional extra bases. Strikeouts are not in the cards. The most important thing to me is being able to stay the course and time. I think you want the money more than you need the money. The Psychology of Money would be a great read for you.
I wish. I live in Vancouver. Seen too many families ripped apart because of not enough houses to go around for the kids. Gona need 3 houses minimum.
If you buy vgro for a thousand years Vancouver homes will still be out of reach.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23591 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: I wish. I live in Vancouver. Seen too many families ripped apart because of not enough houses to go around for the kids. Gona need 3 houses minimum.
I have a M postal code, so I know what it is like. I have more than enough of what I need, but not even close to what I want. It is easy to want more but can be very hard to get it. Needs are satisfied, I am good. Mr. Jones is in the lead but I am not racing with him.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3776 posts
2953 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: I have a M postal code, so I know what it is like. I have more than enough of what I need, but not even close to what I want. It is easy to want more but can be very hard to get it. Needs are satisfied, I am good. Mr. Jones is in the lead but I am not racing with him.
You're right of course. I need to stop browsing r/canadahousing. Messes with my head with all the "The Big Short" is coming posts. I can't watch anything with Steve Carell in it anymore. That's why I come to RFD for a bit of calm and reason.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23591 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: You're right of course. I need to stop browsing r/canadahousing. Messes with my head with all the "The Big Short" is coming posts. I can't watch anything with Steve Carell in it anymore. That's why I come to RFD for a bit of calm and reason.
Those competitive discussion at the parties are not helpful either. You are always going to be a small fish if the size of the pond is big enough.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3776 posts
2953 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: Those competitive discussion at the parties are not helpful either. You are always going to be a small fish if the size of the pond is big enough.
Those are fine because I'm not envious and resentful of those with more money than me. A bit of motivation is good because I don't think it's ok to be like the Canucks, perpetual losers and proud of it. Need to strike a delicate balance. Anyways going off topic.
Dec 13, 2010
734 posts
1045 upvotes
Vancouver
zakarydoks wrote: Those are fine because I'm not envious and resentful of those with more money than me. A bit of motivation is good because I don't think it's ok to be like the Canucks, perpetual losers and proud of it. Need to strike a delicate balance. Anyways going off topic.
Bloody Canuckleheads. 20 games in and the playoffs are almost out of reach already. Petterson needs to find his game.

Ok, enough off topic, I can find other forums to complain about the Canucks Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23591 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
zakarydoks wrote: Those are fine because I'm not envious and resentful of those with more money than me. A bit of motivation is good because I don't think it's ok to be like the Canucks, perpetual losers and proud of it. Need to strike a delicate balance. Anyways going off topic.
Behavioral finance is very individual, but I have my balance set at a very different non competitive point. You could consider moving to the 6ix and cheer for the leafs, pick your poison. I know off topic.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4679 posts
3595 upvotes
Like I've mentioned before, I used to own shares in Maple Leaf Gardens, before it went private. Then the multi-millionaires and billionaires got involved and I had to sell out. Sort of like Tim Horton's and Shoppers Drug Mart more recently where I had to do much the same. I guess they knew a good thing or two.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1341 posts
1103 upvotes
xgbsSS wrote: Back in ATD.B
Same. Good entry. Rev still in tact and +40%. Everyone is getting hit with inflation and supply chain.

-6.XX%. I'm buying the dip.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
4709 posts
2897 upvotes
Ontario
xgbsSS wrote: We'll see, what I bought with proceeds is still not panning out.
NFI??
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4417 posts
6927 upvotes
Canada
Likely to add to TRP, ENB or AQN today. Which would you buy?

Thread Information

There are currently 17 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 5 guests)

faken, ShuttleBoy, ElviBel, Sunway, daaave, coolkecool, bluemaru, brockster, BigBass, Stevewithalaptop, akaManny, gnuman