• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2022 4:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4685 posts
3626 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Likely to add to TRP, ENB or AQN today. Which would you buy?
All I can say is I own all three in the non-registered account. No favourites.
Sep 26, 2012
274 posts
168 upvotes
Edmonton
Just bought NOA - North American contruction, and ACIU theraputics this morning
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4443 posts
6995 upvotes
Canada
Bought 170 ENB and 140 TRP

WHY NOT
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1668 posts
1125 upvotes
GTA
I have spare $300 burning in my pocket.
instead of looking and buying for a "black friday deal" i just bought more index funds and dumped it into my TFSA account lol
and this Friday is payday, automatic buy for index funds.
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Jan 25, 2015
912 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is there a reason why fintech was down this month lol.?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23707 posts
12921 upvotes
Toronto
mikolyyyy wrote: is there a reason why fintech was down this month lol.?
The market thinks the sector is overvalued.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
25248 posts
6944 upvotes
where I belong
mikolyyyy wrote: is there a reason why fintech was down this month lol.?
Opposite the reason why EV or Crypto are up, whatever reasons they are LOL

Market is irrational, period
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Platinum/Biz Plat 100K || Aeroplan Reserve 150K
Feb 13, 2008
693 posts
371 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Sold my 200 shares of Starbucks which I have held for ten years. Looking for higher growth companies.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8206 posts
5078 upvotes
Vancouver
zakarydoks wrote: I wish. I live in Vancouver. Seen too many families ripped apart because of not enough houses to go around for the kids. Gona need 3 houses minimum.
Kinda sad, but can sorta relate. We currently own 2 houses (one is rental) - my wife is worried our daughter may not be able to afford a house one day, so potentially we could pass one onto her. Except now my wife is pregnant with child #2...
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3812 posts
3005 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
notenoughsleep wrote: Kinda sad, but can sorta relate. We currently own 2 houses (one is rental) - my wife is worried our daughter may not be able to afford a house one day, so potentially we could pass one onto her. Except now my wife is pregnant with child #2...
Well, you already have 2 houses so you got both kids covered. I'm aggressively leveraging the stock market to upgrade our primary home. I'm gunning for 133% market return for 10 years then I can de-risk a bit. I don't see any other way. Post globalism Vancouver is so competitive. We don't want our kids moving to Abbotsford where there are floods and fires lol.
If you buy vgro for a thousand years Vancouver homes will still be out of reach.
Oct 25, 2009
813 posts
973 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote: Well, you already have 2 houses so you got both kids covered. I'm aggressively leveraging the stock market to upgrade our primary home. I'm gunning for 133% market return for 10 years then I can de-risk a bit. I don't see any other way. Post globalism Vancouver is so competitive. We don't want our kids moving to Abbotsford where there are floods and fires lol.
how do you know that your kids will stay in Vancouver at all? anyone can get a good job offer and move away to difference province/US (or meet wife/husband or million other things).... I think planning things like that are a bit too crazy imo
Jan 25, 2015
912 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto, ON
notenoughsleep wrote: Kinda sad, but can sorta relate. We currently own 2 houses (one is rental) - my wife is worried our daughter may not be able to afford a house one day, so potentially we could pass one onto her. Except now my wife is pregnant with child #2...
Your kids are lucky, im here giving my folks money plus trying to buy a house. I got lucky in crypto so i should be fine Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jun 2, 2020
999 posts
1068 upvotes
V5y1v1
Congratulations!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4443 posts
6995 upvotes
Canada
Interesting to hear everyone’s experiences in these wild real estate markets. Meanwhile in AB where all my wife’s family lives, we can easily buy another house in cash whenever we want... Not enjoying the weather here so much though Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes. Though there are reasons why AB will be a good place to live in a world with worse climate change.

The bigger issue is both my brothers live in California. Would love to own there but it’s pricey and I might have to settle in Vancouver Island instead one day if things continue.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10674 posts
8694 upvotes
Winnipeg
Come to Winnipeg... Buy a House X3 the size of any in Vancouver for 1/2 the price 🤣. Just have to deal with the constant theft, murder, weather, road conditions, provincial government, municipal government,
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2002 posts
816 upvotes
Ontario
faken wrote: Come to Winnipeg... Buy a House X3 the size of any in Vancouver for 1/2 the price 🤣. Just have to deal with the constant theft, murder, weather, road conditions, provincial government, municipal government,
Ah the possibilities .....sounds like a dream come true Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
3812 posts
3005 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dpwr wrote: how do you know that your kids will stay in Vancouver at all? anyone can get a good job offer and move away to difference province/US (or meet wife/husband or million other things).... I think planning things like that are a bit too crazy imo
I don't know anything for sure, like with all investments, I can only go with probabilities. Vancouver is one of the nicer cities in Canada so it doesn't hurt to have a bit of extra space. It'd be nice to have a house for out of town guests.

I don't think it's too crazy. I will still have stock investments, just need a balance that works well.
If you buy vgro for a thousand years Vancouver homes will still be out of reach.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23707 posts
12921 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: Come to Winnipeg... Buy a House X3 the size of any in Vancouver for 1/2 the price 🤣. Just have to deal with the constant theft, murder, weather, road conditions, provincial government, municipal government,
You forgot the mosquitoes. I left the city decades ago with my worldly belongings which included a bottle of deet (provincial perfume). I still have it.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11838 posts
6897 upvotes
Markham
I guess thanksgiving is a quiet time for investors

So let me ask: is there any ETF that track TSX index but excluding tech sector?

Or I have to buy individual sector ETF and build by myself?

Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)