Investing

Locked: What did you buy? What might you buy??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2022 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12571 upvotes
Markham
Just noticed PYPL is 178 now, that's quite a drop from 300 high
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
smartie wrote: Just noticed PYPL is 178 now, that's quite a drop from 300 high
It was around 111$ beginning of March 2020.
I think PYPL (like a lot of stock) has a ton to drop, current valuation is insane.

Apple went from 74.70 in early March 2020 to 173.07 today!
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2001
1454 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
Added a few shares of TD to RRSP and a few shares of Fortis to Non-Reg.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lamborghinireventon wrote: I am not subscribed to motley fools but if I already made 40% of my money on LMND and bought on the downtrend thinking I am getting a great re-entry price..silly me..
Don't understand the sentiment in the market sometimes..
Don't feel bad about not understanding sentiment... If you did, the market would be boring!
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12571 upvotes
Markham
MoneyHypeMike wrote: It was around 111$ beginning of March 2020.
I think PYPL (like a lot of stock) has a ton to drop, current valuation is insane.

Apple went from 74.70 in early March 2020 to 173.07 today!
That's why I always think Tim Cook is underpaid
Jun 5, 2017
56 posts
79 upvotes
At the Circus
craftsman wrote: Don't feel bad about not understanding sentiment... If you did, the market would be boring!
The stock market is like a woman. If you wish to understand you need to pay attention to her. And it is never boring with a woman, just like with the stock market Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Imsmarterthanyou wrote: The stock market is like a woman. If you wish to understand you need to pay attention to her. And it is never boring with a woman, just like with the stock market Face With Tears Of Joy
my Gr.12 English teacher Ms. Moses was pretty dam boring...
Last edited by faken on Jan 15th, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2012
2151 posts
3218 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Telus Corp another steady dividend undervalue
I own and like Telus but it isn't undervalued at current price (far from it). Hold for me unless a meaningful correction to add unfolds.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
DealRNothing wrote: I own and like Telus but it isn't undervalued at current price (far from it). Hold for me unless a meaningful correction to add unfolds.
To each their own… but how is it not undervalued ? When little to no debt, consistent year over year dividend, infrastructure all in place with 5G set up, no over leverage in media like other telecoms ie Rogers bell, only part of big 3 with no competition, low cost telehealth and securities division highly profitable low risk, internet bills going to be going up to counteract inflationary pressures more revenue, international division expansion. At the top of my head.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
DealRNothing wrote: I own and like Telus but it isn't undervalued at current price (far from it). Hold for me unless a meaningful correction to add unfolds.
Rogers has 27% market share and Telus is on par with Bell at 25% percent market share, yet Rogers/bell twice the price per unit.
Own koodoo too which is neck and neck with discount telecom platforms on par with Fido if not better.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2012
2151 posts
3218 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: To each their own… but how is it not undervalued ? When little to no debt, consistent year over year dividend, infrastructure all in place with 5G set up, no over leverage in media like other telecoms ie Rogers bell, only part of big 3 with no competition, low cost telehealth and securities division highly profitable low risk, internet bills going to be going up to counteract inflationary pressures more revenue, international division expansion. At the top of my head.
Market says good company... Fundamentals say over-valued... If you look at any of my several posts, you'll understand how I evaluate Sectors / Companies. Most here don't do (or offer up) Fundamental analysis.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
DealRNothing wrote: Market says good company... Fundamentals say over-valued... If you look at any of my several posts, you'll understand how I evaluate Sectors / Companies. Most here don't do (or offer up) Fundamental analysis.
Interesting not saying your wrong, what is your fundamental analysis specifically speaking on Telus stock in that case ?
Dec 8, 2013
887 posts
1347 upvotes
I wouldn’t always trust the advice freely offered by anonymous posters on online forums without solid evidence. Some folks just trying to shill their own holdings and others are all in at low 2020 prices trying to pull more in at ATH prices to further pad their gains. Do your own research.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2565 posts
2828 upvotes
Montréal
CanadaCool wrote: I wouldn’t always trust the advice freely offered by anonymous posters on online forums without solid evidence. Some folks just trying to shill their own holdings and others are all in at low 2020 prices trying to pull more in at ATH prices to further pad their gains. Do your own research.
Although I agree with your sentiment, I doubt anyone here is a large enough whale to have any influence on market pricing for any equities discussed here (Reddit is another matter due to sheer numbers) . But I do agree with caution when reading investment forums.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2014
6582 posts
9090 upvotes
Rankin Inlet, NU
mrfrugal83 wrote: Rogers has 27% market share and Telus is on par with Bell at 25% percent market share, yet Rogers/bell twice the price per unit.
Own koodoo too which is neck and neck with discount telecom platforms on par with Fido if not better.
You do know each company has different amount of shares. That splits the dollar amounts per unit.

Telus:1.37 Billion
BCE: 909 Million
RCI: 394 Million + 111.5 Million (RCI.B and RCI.A)

Plus they all have different businesses. You are going to see different valuations on that alone.
Support your local Credit Union!

RRSP where you can deposit with a Credit Card, earn rewards investing!
RFD Saskatchewan Pension Plan
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
2902 posts
4581 upvotes
CanadaCool wrote: I wouldn’t always trust the advice freely offered by anonymous posters on online forums without solid evidence. Some folks just trying to shill their own holdings and others are all in at low 2020 prices trying to pull more in at ATH prices to further pad their gains. Do your own research.
Most posters are trying to learn is how I see it. Reading here gives me ideas of new stocks to buy. Unless your posting about penny stocks and small caps posting here is unlikely to move a stock. It goes without saying you should do your own due diligence as it's your money.
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario
wa88gta wrote: Love TFII. Been holding since $65 and thinking of adding more. I think it was a BNN top pick twice this week.. For what its worth lol
Greg Newman's Top Picks: January 13, 2022
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/greg-newman ... -1.1707263
TFII offers investors brisk EPS growth at a very reasonable multiple.

Brian Madden's Top Picks: January 11, 2022
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/brian-madde ... -1.1706134
Last bought in January 2022 for $131.19
TFI International is one of North America’s largest trucking companies, specializing in truckload, less-than-truckload, logistics & “last mile” and package and courier services across Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.

Jennifer Radman discusses TFI International Inc
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/jenni ... nc~2337700

Brian Madden discusses TFI International Inc
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/brian ... nc~2334610
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
5132 posts
4926 upvotes
When I post a long term buy and hold, that's all it is. What is suitable for our portfolio, may not be for yours.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
From new RRSP/TFSA contributions I'm planning to add to AQN, TRP and PGI.UN (PIMCO Global Income Opportunities Fund) - latest CEF only for income purposes....7.2% yield + annual special distributions.
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell
Jan 25, 2015
955 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto, ON
leolozon wrote: Wasn't it supposed to be a down day? :)

Weird market. I'm suprised it didn't sell off at the end with a 3 day weekend for the American market.

DCA xeqt and vun for the RESP with another 25%.

Bought LI.v, L.to, BAM and CTS. CTS at 9.3 seemed fine to me. You got to get back in tech at some point.

I buy in tiny fractions right now.
CTS is going to have a PS ratio of 1 again if this keeps up. Their nunbers growing yet price declines due to interest rates. It got caught in tbe tech rocky wave regardless of evaluation.

I own a lot but i may avg up this year
Last edited by mikolyyyy on Jan 15th, 2022 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)