Investing

Locked: What did you buy? What might you buy??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2022 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2565 posts
2828 upvotes
Montréal
Blubbs wrote: Bull trap!
or dead cat bounce!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
esoxhntr wrote: also got in NFLX @ 382.xx, looking for a quick flip. not getting married to tech
...and out at 397
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
2902 posts
4581 upvotes
jenneth wrote: anyone actually buying anything right now?
I did some tinkering but I don't consider this a real buy.

Did an internal buy where I sold AQN and bought one share of AMZN. After this I'll have 10/11 of my shares in AMZN is in my TFSA and one in my RRSP (eventually I want all my AMZN in my TFSA). I'll be selling one share of AMZN in my RRSP and buying AQN on Monday. Based on some cash I had in the accounts I'll add about $900 in AQN when I do that. I feel good about this move but the winner is probably TD who is getting my $40 for the four trades...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote: ...and out at 397
now its $405 lol...
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
jenneth wrote: now its $405 lol...
yep.. days not over. ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bLuPhYrE wrote: the mania we saw in 2020/2021 was caused by the massive liquidty provided by the FED. the asset bubble we are currently in just isn't sustainable and now that the fed has gone hawkish the market is showing it. executives have cashed out, you know whos bag holding? the retail investors to "buy the dip". I still constantly see the "apes" who want to buy the dip on GME and AMC which i genuinely have a worry for. We've already seen 50% corrections from some stocks such as: DOCU, PTON, ARKK, GME, AMC, ZM, MTTR and more. Now we are seeing some big names such as NFLX starting to show signs of weakness as well. What happens with APPL MSFT, TSLA report earnings that miss estimates next week? Watch out below. I mean i literally read an article about APPL saying iPhone demand is slowing, and yet we hit a 3T market cap (mind you for a short time).
Anyways I don't want to sound too bearish i wish everyone luck with their trades.
There are a lot of AAPL apologists out there that will make up reasons why AAPL is worth more now even with iPhone sales dropping. For anyone wondering about AAPL, ask the important question of has AAPL's business or even the prospects tripled since it crossed the $1T market cap to today? I would say no but those who support AAPL, just like those who support NFLX, believe there is more upside.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
esoxhntr wrote: yep.. days not over. ;)
its gotta hold 396 in the short term. if not i will be watching to see if it gets to 382 range again where I will buy again but put in a tight stop loss a few cents below the low of the day. at least that's the plan.

if that doesnt pan out, ohh well. i made my truck payment today.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
2902 posts
4581 upvotes
craftsman wrote: There are a lot of AAPL apologists out there that will make up reasons why AAPL is worth more now even with iPhone sales dropping. For anyone wondering about AAPL, ask the important question of has AAPL's business or even the prospects tripled since it crossed the $1T market cap to today? I would say no but those who support AAPL, just like those who support NFLX, believe there is more upside.
Holding AAPL is more about my strategy of riding my winners. When I bought it in 2018 at 160 pre split (40.10 post split) it looked like a good dividend growth stock that I thought was worth a higher valuation than the 16 PE. My view was the market wasn't giving enough credit for their services revenue. It turned out to be one of the best buys I've ever made. I wouldn't buy it now but I'll hold as its continuing to meet the goal of why I bought which was to offer growing dividend.
May 24, 2021
274 posts
180 upvotes
hiphopforce wrote: Not much $ left to really pick up shares of SHOP, unless its back to $300-$400 which I would be dreaming.
Bot SHOP. Doubt that it will go down to $300-400 as you would be dreaming. Had SHOP at its IPO price years ago and kicking myself now when I sold them at $700.
Last edited by SmokinGun on Jan 21st, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2019
357 posts
457 upvotes
Start buying ZSP @ 61.13
Apr 21, 2020
63 posts
58 upvotes
sold my big losers today, PENN & LSPD and used that money to buy more COST and JNJ...i figure if a recession or crash is coming these 2 will hold up better, and both pay a dividend (very small for costco i know)

very tempted to buy more Disney in the 130's but going to wait and see if it dips some more
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3138 posts
2300 upvotes
Not buying much today, but I did start a small spec position in AMY - American Manganese. This is another @CDNGreenTrader name. It's down 10% today to $0.75. Very much a spec play with no revenue and a $200M market cap so do your own DD on this one.

Continuing to watch LSPD to see where a bottom forms (current price is $38.22, down 4.5% today) and a possible add to LAC (current price $31.75, down 5.2% today) as well as tracking dividend growers for a bit of leftover capital in my new DGI portfolio.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
I'll dollar cost average into my usual names.

But this sell off is different with Fed hawkish now, less people BTFD!

Would like to see some cooling inflation numbers I think will help this market. Right now inflation too hot and PPI numbers in the US is telling us CPI is going to continue moving up. Fed should have ended their nonsense QE from middle of last year and started raising rates by now...instead they are still QE'ing until March and STILL INJECTING MONEY INTO A SYSTEM THAT IS ON OVERLOAD! Its like giving a coke addict more coke to get high on when you need to be taking it away...

They are behind the curve and market is purging now. Thats ok we needed this correction anyways. Healthy for market.
Last edited by Sanyo on Jan 21st, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
timber on SHOP wow.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
esoxhntr wrote: timber on SHOP wow.
50% correction from highs lol just like many others, and potentially others to come.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Talking myself out of buying CLF, so it's probably a good buy
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
Gotta buy when we see capitulation.

I think its gonna come monday imo. We aint closing near the open i.e. doji. SPY 200MA is next up
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
1xTiMeR wrote: Gotta buy when we see capitulation.

I think its gonna come monday imo. We aint closing near the open i.e. doji. SPY 200MA is next up
I think monday could be the day too.. pending wknd news of course.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)