• Jan 17th, 2021 12:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1871 posts
1317 upvotes
condo
Waiting for FOSL to drop to the low 20's or high 10's. Also waiting for MOS, POT to drop more as well as VRX. Added to PGF.TO and GTE.TO

Watching: CEVA, HIMX, Grm*n, INTC, SNE, MT, FMC, DATA, AMBA, QCOM
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1084 posts
478 upvotes
Purchased AYA.TO to play on earnings release. Out at it 7% gain - was out little early.

Bought CSCO for earnings tomorrow, have a bad feeling about this one. May exit before release.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13601 posts
3673 upvotes
GTA
eugeneo wrote: Purchased AYA.TO to play on earnings release. Out at it 7% gain - was out little early.

Bought CSCO for earnings tomorrow, have a bad feeling about this one. May exit before release.
Funny I was looking at AYA at I think 16.39 yesterday and so tempted to buy since it is beaten up....but I just didn't have the stomach to do it. I wasn't impressed last time around when I listened to the conference call. I missed the boat...nice job.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6266 posts
2722 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
eugeneo wrote: Purchased AYA.TO to play on earnings release. Out at it 7% gain - was out little early.

Bought some call options couple of months away so hopefully they deliver.

Sold aapl 95 calls for this week. Was actually gonna sell yesterday but travel got in way... sold for 10 cents higher at 70 cents... cost about 22 cents. Of course should have bought more!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6266 posts
2722 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Retails gonna get further hit today after tgt.

Can't decide to dip in a bit now or wait until after cost earnings next week?!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2943 posts
836 upvotes
georvu wrote: Retails gonna get further hit today after tgt.

Can't decide to dip in a bit now or wait until after cost earnings next week?!
or wait until next fed rate increase?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5681 posts
2233 upvotes
Thornhill
brother_bruce wrote: It doesnt matter what you predict, unless it's backed up with sufficient $$$ to move the market.

Soros, Icahn, Buffet... I'm not saying these people can predict the market, but I'm saying they can influence it, or the shares of a company, single handedly.

It doesnt matter whether Soros merely 'thinks' something. The fact that he's willing to bet half a billion is sufficient to sway numerous other investors, causing a chain reaction. Much like Buffet and his billion dollar bet on AAPL, or Icahn the week before.

Very few people can do that; that's my point.
SEC filings show us that guys like Soros/Ichan have a ton of stock but they also use OTC market more-so because they know it is expensive to purchase stocks outright and it can also be expensive to buy deep in-the-money calls/puts. So they find another way to achieve the same position by reducing the actual cash outlay by using their credibility to influence volatility in the direction they need by buying long expiration dated calls/puts, this method of can reduce their cost significantly.

This is no different than what any other professional market maker does except idiots on main-street think what's best for Soros/Ichan is best for them too when it's actually the opposite in most cases...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1500 posts
1868 upvotes
Burlington, ON
What do you guys think of adding to NYSE:NKE at these levels?
May 6, 2009
260 posts
64 upvotes
jeenyus1 wrote: sec filings show us that guys like soros/ichan have a ton of stock but they also use otc market more-so because they know it is expensive to purchase stocks outright and it can also be expensive to buy deep in-the-money calls/puts. So they find another way to achieve the same position by reducing the actual cash outlay by using their credibility to influence volatility in the direction they need by buying long expiration dated calls/puts, this method of can reduce their cost significantly.

this is no different than what any other professional market maker does except idiots on main-street think what's best for soros/ichan is best for them too when it's actually the opposite in most cases...
exactly.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
2289 posts
1722 upvotes
Ontario
Gungnir wrote: What do you guys think of adding to NYSE:NKE at these levels?
I don't like NKE. Don't trust a company that fiddles with their numbers to try to mislead investors.
Mar 8, 2004
602 posts
173 upvotes
Bought some more AQN on the dip due to the news from Emera. Algonquin continues to have strong dividend growth, a reasonable payout ratio and a focus on renewable energy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5006 posts
993 upvotes
Montreal
Gabriella wrote: Bought some more AQN on the dip due to the news from Emera. Algonquin continues to have strong dividend growth, a reasonable payout ratio and a focus on renewable energy.
Doesn't its 115% payout ratio worry you? Isn't the estimated 2016 EPS going down compared to last year's?
Mar 8, 2004
602 posts
173 upvotes
cn_habs wrote: Doesn't its 115% payout ratio worry you? Isn't the estimated 2016 EPS going down compared to last year's?
It doesn't as dividends are not paid from EPS but rather through FFO.

I get a payout ratio of about 70%
Feb 1, 2015
611 posts
137 upvotes
MB
Gabriella wrote: It doesn't as dividends are not paid from EPS but rather through FFO.
it's even lower. 43% of the firm's AFFO (ttm) are distributed to common shareholders.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23785 posts
5459 upvotes
where I belong
FOMC tanking the market/gold/oil again

U.S. stocks fall under pressure of possible June Fed rate hike - MarketWatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-sto ... 2016-05-18

Selected highlights from the Fed minutes - MarketWatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/select ... 2016-05-18
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Mar 8, 2004
602 posts
173 upvotes
catoun wrote: it's even lower. 43% of the firm's AFFO (ttm) are distributed to common shareholders.
I stand corrected thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5006 posts
993 upvotes
Montreal
Gabriella wrote: It doesn't as dividends are not paid from EPS but rather through FFO.

I know but wouldn't a EPS decline cause for concern for such a stock trading at 26 PE?

For the payout ratio, Yahoo finance is stating 115.88% as provided by Morningstar but it could be wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5492 posts
1933 upvotes
Gungnir wrote: What do you guys think of adding to NYSE:NKE at these levels?
NKE is losing important support 56-57. I am long via Jul options and it doesn't work at the moment.
It could rotate to 52-53 if weakness continues... just 2c
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
In Fed We Trust - Make ES Limit Down Great Again!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)