• Jan 17th, 2021 9:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
RodDog999 wrote: I don't think there is any free real-time quote site for TSX listed stocks.
TDWaterhouse quotes are free (real time). And free Streaming Live Quotes with a Presidents Account, or do 150+ trades and you get a free active trader platform with more advanced features (Otherwise $20/month).
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1029 posts
246 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: TDWaterhouse quotes are free (real time). And free Streaming Live Quotes with a Presidents Account, or do 150+ trades and you get a free active trader platform with more advanced features (Otherwise $20/month).
Yup, but you need a TDWaterhouse account. I should've mentioned that I was talking about general finance websites (stockhouse, google finance, yahoo finance etc).

I use my TD account for free venture quotes as I so rarely buy something there, it's not worth paying another fee to IB. I have $0.01 in my TD account, so they don't close it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6280 posts
7323 upvotes
RodDog999 wrote: What kind of entry price are you looking at? I had averaged down to around ~60.50 since buying it at $61.50 a few days ago. I sold today at $63+.
Banks (WFC, JPM) reports tomorrow. If they go well, will buy at end of the day. If they do poorly and tanks more, will buy in the morning. April is the most bullish month due to earnings, so I will add 1/3 initially from what I'm planning to trade. Next 1/3 when it breaks below EMA(100) (SPY at $181) and remaining 1/3 e it when it breaks below $179. Close when SPY probes $174 or if PVO inverts. SPY might challenge $189 again, I doubt it will break out, so if this trade goes in the wrong direction, I'll hold and only close (for a loss) if SPY breaks out from $189.

Rod
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6280 posts
7323 upvotes
sunshinemoonlight13 wrote: Please do. Then I need to load up on the bullish side hehe.
I know. I'm buying some UVXY tomorrow. Maybe you want to buy some XIV....

With Roland holding HVU and me holding UVXY, then XIV has to skyrocket.... :)
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot I had a GTC FB order at $58.10, got the fill at $57.64 at the open and just flipped at $58.25 :)

It looked like it was going to head lower, so thought it was a good idea to get out while i can haha
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga
deal_with_singh wrote: Forgot I had a GTC FB order at $58.10, got the fill at $57.64 at the open and just flipped at $58.25 :)

It looked like it was going to head lower, so thought it was a good idea to get out while i can haha
Bhaji fb piche he pai gaye :lol:
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
MehtabS wrote: Bhaji fb piche he pai gaye :lol:

:lol: its a fun one to trade with so much volatility.

I actually also got a fill on YHOO @ $32.25 and sold it at $33.10. Great morning so far :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6280 posts
7323 upvotes
UVXY at $63.8.

Will close if SPY breaks out $184.

Will add more if SPY hits $181.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: :lol: its a fun one to trade with so much volatility.

I actually also got a fill on YHOO @ $32.25 and sold it at $33.10. Great morning so far :)
With those numbers you must be holding a lot of shares to make any substantial sum of money. How much do you invest in a typical flip trade for a stock of that value?
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: Forgot I had a GTC FB order at $58.10, got the fill at $57.64 at the open and just flipped at $58.25 :)

Urghhh I really need to come up with a better exit strategy plan for FB...always goes a lot higher after I sell....Missed out on a $2 additional profit per share!
Syne wrote: With those numbers you must be holding a lot of shares to make any substantial sum of money. How much do you invest in a typical flip trade for a stock of that value?
I'd rather not give an exact number of shares, but it's large enough to make the trades worthwhile.

Even if you only held as little as 500 shares of YHOO, that trade would net you $425 ($411 after commissions) within the first half hour of trading (both the buy and sell). That's more than I get paid at work, that's for sure :) .
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone liking AAPL under $520?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18007 posts
5333 upvotes
Toronto
dlhunter wrote: Yep, I'm looking to buy around 500
Yeah $500 would be my optimal entry as well. I'm considering it between $510-$520 as well just in case we miss the boat. They announce earnings in just under 2 weeks, and feeling really optimistic that they'll have an easy beat on $10.14 vs $10.00 est same time PY (beaten by $0.09), considering this year should produce additional China Mobile profits.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4907 posts
394 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Jermyzy wrote: This has been a bad week for me :(
Same.. everything I purchased gone down.. meeh.. hopefully they will rebound next week
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1029 posts
246 upvotes
My HVU position actually increased my paper gains so far - the remaining stocks have held up fairly well. Only FCU got hammered, but that's expected for such a small cap.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)