• Sep 25th, 2019 8:17 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Sep 6, 2019
11 posts
38 upvotes

The "What Did You Recently Buy?" Thread

since this is a shopping site it would be nice to have a thread to post about the stuff you all recently bought. I will start:

I bought a pork gyro from messini's, because i read nice things about it on blogto. the price was good; a good amount of food for the money, but the meat was a bit dry, so i didn't enjoy it too much. i would give it a 3/5.

13 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12302 posts
20077 upvotes
Pretty useless since too broad of a question unless you're talking about food which should be in the foods forum.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8558 posts
2503 upvotes
Mississauga
$200 worth of groceries from Longos and Costco, and $38 on lunch.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3306 posts
934 upvotes
Edmonton
Battery tester for $311
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15137 posts
12229 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Chinese Take Out

* Sharing info, but like others don’t really understand the point of this thread
Everyone on RFD is a Consumer ... Spender & Saver to some degree
So there are a lot of day to day purchases that are made that fall into the mundane
Not sure how sharing this info is helpful
RFD is more about the bigger picture IMO
Ways & Means that RFDers find to save money
Be it a day to day purchase ... or an investment etc

The Chinese Food I bought wasn’t on sale / promo
I bought it cuz I had a craving
And the place I buy from has an excellent reputation
(Quality can trump price in some instances
For us, food is certainly one area where it’s true)
We can afford to eat out , cuz we’ve found ways to manage / save on our other expenses
Dec 18, 2017
932 posts
528 upvotes
London, On
Uniden Bearcat radio scanner for use with Airshow London this weekend. I used it a few days ago for arrivals and my son has it at the airshow today. Amazon $127, ordered last Sunday afternoon, delivered Monday.
Banned
Aug 30, 2019
39 posts
28 upvotes
I read about buying batteries from China and how they might get returned to sender due to CanadaPost, well yesterday I got my eBay phone battery from China (after waiting for over 2 months) and to my surprise it was taped inside the phone back of an iPhone 6.

I installed the battery in my Xiaomi phone and it works fine. Today I thought to post about it on RFD. So here is the phone back (I don't have a pic of the battery anymore, just imagine a battery wrapped in plastic and taped inside the phone).

I guess buying batteries on eBay from China is still good to go.

1 00 3001
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1807 posts
521 upvotes
Latest wrote: I read about buying batteries from China and how they might get returned to sender due to CanadaPost, well yesterday I got my eBay phone battery from China (after waiting for over 2 months) and to my surprise it was taped inside the phone back of an iPhone 6.

I installed the battery in my Xiaomi phone and it works fine. Today I thought to post about it on RFD. So here is the phone back (I don't have a pic of the battery anymore, just imagine a battery wrapped in plastic and taped inside the phone).

I guess buying batteries on eBay from China is still good to go.
I ordered a replacement battery for my dashcam last winter and it came through. The packet had "cell phone accessories" on the description
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20683 posts
4825 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Zelda: Links Awakening
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3298 upvotes
Timberland trifold wallet for my buddy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6173 posts
570 upvotes
BC
A Traeger Pro575 and a Napoleon Rogue 425 grill are my last 2 big purchases in 3 weeks :D I'll be trying the grill out tomorrow for the first time, excited!!

Saved $100 on the smoker and $250 on the grill.
That's my 2cents worth
Banned
Aug 30, 2019
39 posts
28 upvotes
bought a swatch watch, looks cool, what do you think?

1 00 3001
Banned
Sep 24, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
I bought a used condom but it came with a peetza

Smells like BO and looks like they forgot to take a bath.