What are the different costs of Disney World trip?
1) Park Tickets + Park Hopper
2) Food: We plan on getting a dining plan. I imagine that most people still tip even when using a meal plan, correct? I've barely visited the U.S. before, is tipping basically the same as here? I generally tip 15% on the final bill when I go to restaurants.
3) Accomodations: We plan on staying at a value resort. Are there any hidden fees (kinda like how hotels at Niagara Falls will often tack on those stupid optional fees that you need to request to take off)?
4) Transportation: Just gas to get to the airport and airport parking cost. I don't believe we will be incurring any transportation costs once we arrive in Florida as they will be getting us from the airport to DW. We also don't plan on venturing outside DW so we don't need to rent a car.
5) Souvenirs: Honestly, there's a good chance we won't get souvenirs as I generally consider them a waste and hate buying touristy stuff when I go on trips. But who knows maybe I'll see something I really like. Does anyone here know of some awesome souvenirs to get?
6) Phone: I assume many people purchase some sort of US plan, however, I'm thinking I won't need to. I read that DW offers free WiFi so I'll have the internet if I need it and I can make calls using the WiFi too. But I doubt I'd be doing much phone calling or internet browsing anyways.
7) Tipping: Aside from tipping at meals, where else do people usually tip? I can think of housekeeping and the people that take our luggage.
Anything else? I just want to be prepared and not surprised at unexpected expenses, whether big or small. Thanks!