Investing

What discount brokerage allows you to buy, hold and sell mawer funds for free?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2016 2:36 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 21, 2014
418 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON

What discount brokerage allows you to buy, hold and sell mawer funds for free?

I was thinking of investing with mawer directly but am not sure about putting 50k there.

So I was wondering what discount brokerage will let me buy, hold and sell mawer funds free of charge? Would there be any stipulations or conditions I need to follow? Basically I only want to pay the MER with no other fees.
7 replies
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
866 upvotes
I was looking into this also...looking forward to advice
Aug 29, 2007
302 posts
110 upvotes
I use BMO Investorline and these are the Mawer Funds that were available when I searched... There's no fee to buy mutual funds... I imagine most other discount brokerages will offer the same thing.

http://imgur.com/43RI3Bn
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5061 posts
1033 upvotes
Montreal
Most discount brokers should offer no load MAW funds purchases and sales for free provided you don't hold it less than 90 days.
Feb 8, 2010
326 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
If you have more than $25K in assets with Qtrade (to avoid the quarterly admin fees) then you can buy MAWER funds for free (Min $5K per fund, and short term trading fees would apply if you sold within 90 days).
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1010 upvotes
Houston, TX
Seems this was already discussed :)
how-buy-mawer-mfs-1464134/
TDDI (used to be TD Waterhouse) says that they no longer charge any fee to redeem Mawer funds. This is new so when you talk to the reps they may not know yet. The minimum purchase is $5000. There's no fee to purchase these funds either.
There is no fee for sure to buy (I did a quote to check, but did not buy actually) and as said TD no more takes fee for sell, but you need to keep other requirements from Mawer (5k minimum initial, 90
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
4033 posts
3862 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Only brokerage that doesn't offer them is RBC DI I believe.
Feb 13, 2009
553 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Virtual brokers. Mininum 5k initial purchase; minimum 1k for adding subsequent purchases into the fund.