What To Do In Detroit?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 8:34 pm
Tags:
27 replies
Aug 3, 2017
681 posts
498 upvotes
Sunday evening Detroit Red Wings game? Saturday night Pistons game?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
Crime and murder I hear are popular.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12026 posts
6909 upvotes
Markham
Eastern Market on Saturday. Buy yourself a giant bag of Germack Pistachios while you're there.

I think there's some decent BBQ places there as well. Slows BBQ

There's some nice architecture there as well IIRC.
https://detroit.curbed.com/maps/detroit ... cture-tour

Outlet shopping.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 2, 2014
591 posts
284 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Heading to Detroit to see the Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village this weekend and wondering what else there is to do while I'm down there. I've been Googling and haven't found much so far of interest.
Visit microcenter in Madison heights for SSD, USB drive deals and maybe more
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1517 posts
843 upvotes
Participate in a running gun battle perhaps, or if you're gonna stay for awhile, find a burnt out house to squat in. There's lots to choose from
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9490 posts
2032 upvotes
Somewhere
Bro.

Shake Shack.

Salted Caramel Milkshake. Best 2,000 calories you'll ever have.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2003
1485 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
I have been to Detroit 10 times in the past 10 years and there are quite a few things to do and see.

(1) Detroit Institute of Arts
(2) Eastern Market
(3) Detroit Historical Museum
(4) The Guardian Building
(5) Detroit People Mover
(6) GM Renaissance Centre
(7) Belle Isle Aquarium
(8) Detroit Public Library
(9) Michigan Science Centre
(10)Historic Fort Wayne
(11)The Henry Ford

I also watched a NHL game there with Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs. Hope this helps.
United We stand Victory in our Hand!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4730 posts
1140 upvotes
Scarborough
There's an outlet mall in Pontiac. Not that great but sales tax is only 6% in Michigan.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10038 posts
12002 upvotes
Vancouver
lasallejai wrote: I have been to Detroit 10 times in the past 10 years and there are quite a few things to do and see.

(1) Detroit Institute of Arts
(2) Eastern Market
(3) Detroit Historical Museum
(4) The Guardian Building
(5) Detroit People Mover
(6) GM Renaissance Centre
(7) Belle Isle Aquarium
(8) Detroit Public Library
(9) Michigan Science Centre
(10)Historic Fort Wayne
(11)The Henry Ford

I also watched a NHL game there with Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs. Hope this helps.
+1
I LOVE Detroit! I visited in 2011 and in 2014, and would go every year if I could afford it. Yes it's rough, poor, violent, and a little scary. But man that is one fun city. All the locals I met were very friendly and delighted that I chose to take a vacation in their city.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2003
1485 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote: +1
I LOVE Detroit! I visited in 2011 and in 2014, and would go every year if I could afford it. Yes it's rough, poor, violent, and a little scary. But man that is one fun city. All the locals I met were very friendly and delighted that I chose to take a vacation in their city.
I concur! As long as you are not staying in downtown venturing out at night is just as safe as in Toronto. I have never stayed in downtown during my visits and the drive to downtown was never too far. I really like the suburban districts of Utica and Novi.
United We stand Victory in our Hand!
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10038 posts
12002 upvotes
Vancouver
lasallejai wrote: I concur! As long as you are not staying in downtown venturing out at night is just as safe as in Toronto. I have never stayed in downtown during my visits and the drive to downtown was never too far. I really like the suburban districts of Utica and Novi.
I stayed downtown in 2011, no problems. The downtown area has been revitalized and is now is as safe as the downtown area in any other city like Toronto. Venturing out at night on foot was fine. In 2014 I stayed in the New Center area, along Grand Blvd near Woodward. Also fine. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in those areas again.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2269 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
The Motown Museum. I was pleasantly surprised. This where the 1960s Motown musical acts like the Supremes, The Temptations and The Four Tops recorded their famous hits. A guided tour is provided. It’s located on West Grand Blvd.
Mar 2, 2014
591 posts
284 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Wow the Microcenter USBs are cheap!! Might pick a few up because why not? 256GB for $23USD is a very good deal.
Yup I got 128 GB one and they are rebranded Kingston ones.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14567 posts
3643 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I actually got scammed $70 out of tickets for Holiday Nights....
gr8dlr wrote: I think there's some decent BBQ places there as well. Slows BBQ
Slows BBQ looks pretty popular. Debating whether I should hit that up or get some cheap steak and ribs at like TGI Friday for dinner tomorrow night lol.
scorown wrote: Yup I got 128 GB one and they are rebranded Kingston ones.
Are they fast? I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer but the Kingston and Sony USBs I have are pretty slow. A lot slower than the PNY ones. Amazon reviews indicate what you get is a luck of the draw.