• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 6:08 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2010
231 posts
11 upvotes
mississauga

What to do with Rogers TV HD Box

I switched over to Ignite and the previous TV BOX is useless. Rogers told me that own the box. What can I do with the HD TV Box? Can it be sold? Rogers is giving me $25 for that. Please advise.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8478 posts
5454 upvotes
Global Village
You can try selling it privately but demand will be low because it's such a closed HW system that's basically extinct and there's the Covid considerations. I would take the $25 Rogers offer.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3018 posts
3385 upvotes
GTA
If it is a Nextbox PVR it may have some value on Kijiji. Anything else is almost worthless.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
5604 posts
2967 upvotes
Depends if Rogers gets even more aggressive pushing people off digital cable

Every time I've had an owned box die I was able to find a friend looking to get rid of one that was taking up space in their closet. Prices on kijiji were also very low.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21168 posts
7551 upvotes
Toronto
johnnycash10 wrote: I switched over to Ignite and the previous TV BOX is useless. Rogers told me that own the box. What can I do with the HD TV Box? Can it be sold? Rogers is giving me $25 for that. Please advise.
Interesting. Rogers is paying money for these now? Didn't know that. They didn't used to.

If you do sell it on Kijiji, just make sure it's be de-listed from your account and that it can be activated on another account. Cuz if you don't, you'll get irate phone calls from your buyer and you'll have to waste time getting everything sorted with Rogers.

BTW, how is Ignite? The reasons I didn't switch a year ago was because it was more expensive and because at the time it was really buggy.