Shopping Discussion

What do you love and hate about the Flipp app?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 1:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
250 upvotes

What do you love and hate about the Flipp app?

It looks like a lot of people are using the Flipp app here on RFD. just want to get some feedback from users here on what you love and hate about the app. Why am I doing this, you may ask? Selfishly I want to see if we can develop something better. Flipp has been around for a while and for the most part it seems like it hasn't innovated much the past few years. (Maybe because digital flyer is digital flyer). I think there is opportunity to get better and want to dig in about your experience with Flipp first :)
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9003 posts
2546 upvotes
London
I want it to automatically cache my favorite stores' flyers, so if I don't have internet/data I can still pull up flyers.
Give me the option of seeing previous ones I've cached and saved, even if they are no longer valid.
Sep 24, 2004
716 posts
311 upvotes
Scarborough
How about giving me an option to add notes. Say if I have an item in my shopping list and that's only 'cause I want to use that to price match at another store. So some notes against that item would be handy
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
2320 posts
18713 upvotes
sudesingh wrote: How about giving me an option to add notes. Say if I have an item in my shopping list and that's only 'cause I want to use that to price match at another store. So some notes against that item would be handy
The Reebee app allows notes, plus it was developed by two Canadians and is based in Kitchener. Support Canadian!
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12244 posts
1794 upvotes
Kanata
Pardon wrote: The Reebee app allows notes, plus it was developed by two Canadians and is based in Kitchener. Support Canadian!
Plus it caches the flyers that have been viewed. It won't save expired flyers though, if someone is looking for that.
I dislike Flipp with how it opens up the clipped item, then brings up a popup window, which sort of gets in the way. I prefer how Reebee does it, where it just shows what is clipped,
Feb 5, 2007
565 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga
it takes like 10s to load flyers
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17970 posts
5301 upvotes
Toronto
Search function is good.

Reebe "flips" better going through the flyer.

Flip circles items and allows you to create a "checklist" better, so ultimately I end up using it the most.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13077 posts
2174 upvotes
City of Vancouver
The app is set at Eastern Standard Time. So, flyers expire at 9pm here on the west coast. Reebee has the same problem. I have done screen shots, but the RCSS employee said I needed to have the year shown with the flyer date in the screenshot.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2297 posts
1883 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Pardon wrote: The Reebee app allows notes, plus it was developed by two Canadians and is based in Kitchener. Support Canadian!
Plus I find that Reebee has more flyers and the UI is better
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1940 posts
441 upvotes
Calgary
I wish it played nicely with NordVPN. Right now it expects me to turn it off so it can run its terrible scripts. I rarely use it for that reason.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8914 posts
2832 upvotes
When searching for an item on the offers found page, need bigger and clearer store names / icons.
Discomfort is your friend
Sep 26, 2008
888 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
Jon Lai wrote: I would like to be able to share my clippings/circles with my family.
I think you can already do that if you have an account, no? There's a collaboration option under the Shopping list in the web view
https://flipp.com/shopping_list
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3658 posts
2450 upvotes
The most obvious is to have a reusable personalized shopping list (without having to create an account, the icing would be to have an alert with any of the items on your regular list go on sale! You develop that and I will switch!
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17940 posts
5900 upvotes
Toronto
Recently it has been terrible. I select the item and zoom into it, the retailer and date is gone.