Real Estate

What do you think about living Gravehurst or Bracebridge?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2019 10:19 pm
[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
213 upvotes

What do you think about living Gravehurst or Bracebridge?

Maybe part of the year, 6 months only. Are these town the same as Orillia? A lot of sketchy people. Looks like the nature would be better up there near Muskoka, but maybe all the seasonal cottager are annoying.
I don't see it that much further than Orillia or Barrie to the GTA, just another 20-30 minutes of hwy driving.
I see some cheap lots around there, a lot of monster houses that aren't selling.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9078 posts
10435 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Maybe they think you are sketchy? Goes both ways.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1518 posts
629 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I'll ask you what my aunt the real estate lawyer asked me many years ago when I bought (in the GTA, not in the boonies):
This is very likely going to be your biggest investment and your biggest asset.
If you needed money and had to sell, could you? and would you get a good return on it.
Given that it can take years to sell houses in areas outside of the GTA, I'd think carefully.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31126 posts
1859 upvotes
Fernando Poo
icantfigureoutausername wrote: I'll ask you what my aunt the real estate lawyer asked me many years ago when I bought (in the GTA, not in the boonies):
This is very likely going to be your biggest investment and your biggest asset.
If you needed money and had to sell, could you? and would you get a good return on it.
Given that it can take years to sell houses in areas outside of the GTA, I'd think carefully.
In this market? Seems like the entire province of Ontario is in a huge bubble. Especially bad here in the Windsor area.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
213 upvotes
hagbard wrote: In this market? Seems like the entire province of Ontario is in a huge bubble. Especially bad here in the Windsor area.
With interest rate going to zero i would not expect it to get better.