• Sep 7th, 2021 1:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China

What do you use to clean your car?

Someone recommended that I get Armor All. Is this any good to clean the inside of the windshield and the hard plastics of the interior?

How do you guys clean the cloth seats?
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1065 posts
1346 upvotes
Calgary
Aerospace303 for hard/soft plastics, vinyl etc
Foaming glass cleaner for glass
Bissel carpet cleaner for cloth seats
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: Someone recommended that I get Armor All. Is this any good to clean the inside of the windshield and the hard plastics of the interior?

How do you guys clean the cloth seats?
The armorall I think of shouldn't go on the windshield. I'm not a fan of it for plastics either as it is.... Greasy. I'm not a shiny interior person though.

Cloth seats - vacuum. Periodically use my bissell little green thing to give a "wet clean" with some detergent.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
redblack wrote: Aerospace303 for hard/soft plastics, vinyl etc
Foaming glass cleaner for glass
Bissel carpet cleaner for cloth seats
KevinM56081 wrote: The armorall I think of shouldn't go on the windshield. I'm not a fan of it for plastics either as it is.... Greasy. I'm not a shiny interior person though.

Cloth seats - vacuum. Periodically use my bissell little green thing to give a "wet clean" with some detergent.
Is Windex not suitable for the windshield?

I only mentioned Armor All because I think it can kill the Coronavirus?

You guys mean this vacuum? https://www.amazon.ca/2513E-Portable-se ... 2579&psc=1

How do I use detergent with the vacuum? Which detergent should I get?
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: Is Windex not suitable for the windshield?

I only mentioned Armor All because I think it can kill the Coronavirus?

You guys mean this vacuum? https://www.amazon.ca/2513E-Portable-se ... 2579&psc=1

How do I use detergent with the vacuum? Which detergent should I get?
I use invisible glass. I find it streaks less then windex. I've used the liquid trigger version, as well as the foaming aerosol. Both are decent.

Unsure on the armor all. It may kill the 'vid, it may not. As stated - it's slimy. Not my cup of tea. I have a big jug of yellow Chemical Guys interior cleaner that does a good enough job for me.

Re the Bissell. It's basically a portable carpet/upholstry cleaner. I use a shop vac normally, but once a year or so I will use the Bissell. I use their oxy/pet detergent. (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/biss ... p.html#srp)
Oct 2, 2018
974 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto
Agree invisible glass or similar, love the foaming aerosol makes life easy for windshields.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
KevinM56081 wrote: I use invisible glass. I find it streaks less then windex. I've used the liquid trigger version, as well as the foaming aerosol. Both are decent.

Unsure on the armor all. It may kill the 'vid, it may not. As stated - it's slimy. Not my cup of tea. I have a big jug of yellow Chemical Guys interior cleaner that does a good enough job for me.

Re the Bissell. It's basically a portable carpet/upholstry cleaner. I use a shop vac normally, but once a year or so I will use the Bissell. I use their oxy/pet detergent. (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/biss ... p.html#srp)
Thank you. Which Bissell do you have?
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: Thank you. Which Bissell do you have?
Pretty sure its the same one you posted....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
KevinM56081 wrote: Pretty sure its the same one you posted....
Gotcha. How do I use the machine with the detergent? Will this also kill possible bacteria and viruses if any on the cloth seats?
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1668 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Sgt_Strider wrote: Gotcha. How do I use the machine with the detergent? Will this also kill possible bacteria and viruses if any on the cloth seats?
there are two tanks. One is for fresh water mixed with detergent, the other is the used water that you suck back up from the seats/carpet etc.

I would think the effectiveness on bacterial or viral matter would depend on the properties of the detergent you are using.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7102 posts
5965 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Gotcha. How do I use the machine with the detergent? Will this also kill possible bacteria and viruses if any on the cloth seats?
While there will be other crap may have been trapped but Corona is probably less of a concern with fabric seats compare to leather/fake leather seats.

And unless your are ubering with random people coming and going, it's not really that big of risk. But still I will never say no to a good round of car detailing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
5801 posts
5111 upvotes
Ottawa
There's already a great detailing thread with some great information.

Autopia.org is where the hardcores go.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
2858 posts
1537 upvotes
Markham
Op, are you trying to detail your vehicle? Or cleaning for the purpose of getting rid of germs?

If it is for getting rid of germs, before the passengers get into the vehicle, ask them to sanitize their hands and wear masks.
It is insane to clean the entire vehicle every time....seatbelt, seats, dash, arm rest, etc....impossible.