Parenting & Family

What does this mean? (stay at home order and custody arrangements)

[OP]
Dec 8, 2008
47 posts
5 upvotes

What does this mean? (stay at home order and custody arrangements)

This is taken from today's Ministry of Health Enhancing Public Health and Workplace Safety Measures in the Provincewide Shutdown announcement:
"Persons, other than foster parents, who deliver or directly support the delivery of
residential care, treatment and supervision to children and young persons residing
in residential settings licensed under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act,
2017."
Does this apply for example to separated parents who do not live together where the parent who has access to the child during the week takes the child from it's primary residence to his/her own residence? Is this then an exemption to the stay at home order?
This is very confusing for many people I am sure.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 14th, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1198 posts
220 upvotes
Are you talking about the stay at home order and custody arrangements?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2008
47 posts
5 upvotes
tripwire wrote: Are you talking about the stay at home order and custody arrangements?
Correct. How do the 2 work together and where can I find information about it.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1198 posts
220 upvotes
Bubblejoy1 wrote: Correct. How do the 2 work together and where can I find information about it.
I can only speak from what I was told last time in March. In my case, we have shared custody, and both kids spend time at each home 50/50. An Ontario Superior Court judge ruled in late March that it is status quo for custody arrangements, but as long as proper Covid-19 protocols are followed. If you are concerned, carry any court orders, or any custody agreements with you in the car, just in case you are questioned. Province is laying out some legal parameters sometime today, so we will have to wait and see. From what I was told by lawyers, just make sure you go to pick up the kids, and head straight back home. In my case, we have not deviated from the agreements, nor do we intend to going forward.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2008
47 posts
5 upvotes
tripwire wrote: I can only speak from what I was told last time in March. In my case, we have shared custody, and both kids spend time at each home 50/50. An Ontario Superior Court judge ruled in late March that it is status quo for custody arrangements, but as long as proper Covid-19 protocols are followed. If you are concerned, carry any court orders, or any custody agreements with you in the car, just in case you are questioned. Province is laying out some legal parameters sometime today, so we will have to wait and see. From what I was told by lawyers, just make sure you go to pick up the kids, and head straight back home. In my case, we have not deviated from the agreements, nor do we intend to going forward.
This is very helpful thank you. Yes I will wait to hear about the legal parameters later on today.
Nov 2, 2020
757 posts
876 upvotes
Everyone should go by their current order. If you look up the cases since covid hit there are plenty of judges who have slammed parents for not following through and withholding the child. It has been highly frowned upon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)