Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2023 2:51 pm
Mar 15, 2018
30 posts
27 upvotes
I couldn’t agree more something is up , I to have very few credits that I claimed then other years , and have always received my refund in less then 2 weeks ! I also filed on the 26th at 6:45 in the Morning.....This is a really frustrating situation already . I am sure if we owed it would have been done a long time ago !
Mar 19, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
Filed Mar 5, still being processed. Just called CRA and was told the delay is from being randomly selected for review. One other tip, h&r block does not do cash back if return is over 10k
Mar 4, 2018
151 posts
30 upvotes
Today the same status, is being processed. NOthing has been required. Filed Feb 26th. Big refund expected. Damn it!°
Mar 13, 2018
18 posts
10 upvotes
Does anyone here have family or friends having the same issue? I’m not finding anything else on the web about delays or complaints like we have. Is it just us? I files March 5th.......still being PROCESSED. Frustrating.
Mar 1, 2018
26 posts
16 upvotes
CandaceU713595 wrote: Does anyone here have family or friends having the same issue? I’m not finding anything else on the web about delays or complaints like we have. Is it just us? I files March 5th.......still being PROCESSED. Frustrating.
I filed mine and my husband's both on the 27th in the evening. They are still sitting in process and I haven't heard anything from them requiring any more info. I then filed my father in laws AND my sister and brother in laws all on the 4th. All of theirs still show as being processed. All our returns are extremely different from each other, from basic with just t4's to mine, which has rental properties, write offs, etc. It obviously doesn't matter about the return and what it entails (so it looks from my families returns).
Mar 19, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
They should stop telling everyone that you should receive your return in 2 weeks, obviously a Croc!
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
Hey it it helps any hardly any of us got a letter asking for more info. I know they are pretty fast in communicating that way :)...let's hope we all wake up tomorrow and read process on our profiles there
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
SteveA391865 wrote: They should stop telling everyone that you should receive your return in 2 weeks, obviously a Croc!
... agreed. Maybe this was truly an unexpected situation. This has never happened to me anyhow
Mar 18, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Filed feb 27. Went from in process to assessed with a March 29 assessment date.
Mar 11, 2018
6 posts
4 upvotes
Hey hey, mine switched to Assessed as of 1pm today! says NOA will be on March 29th

EDIT - It looks like they increased my return from what i had. Interesting.
Mar 4, 2018
151 posts
30 upvotes
Well well, as far as I see and notice it seems like everything is pointing to a delay in systems. All of us will be processed soon, hopefully. Called today and Agent told me that nothing is required. Just waiting. That is service CRA !!!! LOL
Filed on feb26th, big refund. still @is being processed.
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
Jm9301 wrote: Hey hey, mine switched to Assessed as of 1pm today! says NOA will be on March 29th

WTG Grinning Face
Mar 2, 2018
105 posts
28 upvotes
Jm9301 wrote: Hey hey, mine switched to Assessed as of 1pm today! says NOA will be on March 29th

What day did you file and did you have to provide anything else?
Mar 2, 2018
105 posts
28 upvotes
Happyfridays wrote: Filed feb 27. Went from in process to assessed with a March 29 assessment date.
That happened today? Did you have to provide anything else?
Mar 11, 2018
6 posts
4 upvotes
Filed on the 28th and no i didn't have to provide any other information
Jun 15, 2015
39 posts
5 upvotes
I called to cause I submitted mine and my mother's on February 27. My mom's was assessed on March 8 and mine still says in process. I called yesterday. The first one hung put me on hold to check and then the phone hung up. The second one checked and said there was no problem just sometimes if the computer balances and things is different from previous years may take longer. And then she mentioned about the disability tax credit. I said yes I get it for my Mom have gotten for the last few years transferred to me it is on file. I normally went to accountant via E-file but this year thought I would be cheap and go the Netfile route. My refund is about the same as other years. Anyway the CRA contact center said to call back April 3 if I do not see anything by then.
Jun 15, 2015
39 posts
5 upvotes
Hi. I was told yesterday by contact center rep to call back April 3 if I do not see anything. Should I wait until then to call for a completion date? I filed on February 27.
Mar 4, 2018
151 posts
30 upvotes
Holy shit, so we need to wait. Come on newbies, just click on that ENTER to proceed...lol. anyways.