Shopping Discussion

What else beside Kijiji, OfferUp, LetGo and Craiglist?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 10:37 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West

What else beside Kijiji, OfferUp, LetGo and Craiglist?

Hi... From the list above is there any other places on the internet to sell and buy stuff?
19 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28636 posts
1309 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
poshmark
etsy
grailed
usedcanada domains (is that still active?)
If it's a niche item, any respective forum, example, fashion (styleforum.net)

more intriguingly...did you get banned from all those places, hence looking for a new place to troll?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Penalty Box
Jul 21, 2019
346 posts
652 upvotes
Why has Ebay not been mentioned? By far the biggest.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5995 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
Brandon26 wrote: Why has Ebay not been mentioned? By far the biggest.
because it is not free.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
bubble.tea wrote:
more intriguingly...did you get banned from all those places, hence looking for a new place to troll?
Nope, I'm good with them all, well except for Facebook Marketplace, I don't do Facebook. I was just curious what else is available, thanks for your list
Last edited by Sonofman on Oct 31st, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
jtcb wrote: because it is not free.
This is true. I just got my first purchased on eBay from the states. I was reading about people paying extra once the item arrives, taxes and duty. Mine was delivered by Canada Post and it was in my mailbox today, no extra charges. I'm happy.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12812 posts
7544 upvotes
Markham
lilWanda wrote: There's a lot of these apps... But which one is really good and effective?
I have some good stuff to sell but I don't really know what to choose
Best for local sale is RFD BST especially if you're dealing with someone who's been on here for sometime... as opposed to someone (like yourself) who just joined. Longtime RFDers with lots of posts are likely the most trustworthy because we got a "rep" on here. [At the very least, you can hound them on here].
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9698 posts
4892 upvotes
Markham
I heard a lot people recommended Facebook

If i buy high value stuff, I stick to RFD BST, otherwise, I usually use kijiji. The options between RFD and kijiji is incomparable
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2689 posts
1355 upvotes
B.C.
bubble.tea wrote: poshmark
etsy
grailed
usedcanada domains (is that still active?)
If it's a niche item, any respective forum, example, fashion (styleforum.net)

Sadly the Used.ca sites are still alive and well on Vancouver Island.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1244 posts
1776 upvotes
lilWanda wrote: There's a lot of these apps... But which one is really good and effective?
I have some good stuff to sell but I don't really know what to choose
If you have clothing, makeup, purses, shoes, household stuff, stationary, etc, new and used, try poshmark.ca
They take 20% and you pay a bit of tax (don't know why seller pays tax).

You set your price, people can buy at your price or they can counter offer. You can counter offer, back and forth until both parties come to an agreement.

Once you sell, they will sent to your email a Canada Post shipping label that you attach to your package. Take to post office and you're done. Buyer pays shipping and both parties can track the package.

Wait until buyer receives package and if satisfied, you will get your money that you can transfer to your bank account.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1575 posts
919 upvotes
NOYB
Nextdoor is also worth consideration.
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13076 posts
2346 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Sonofman wrote: Nope, I'm good with them all, well except for Facebook Marketplace, I don't do Facebook. I was just curious what else is available, thanks for your list
Yeah, I know I'm replying to an old post, but this is so ridiculous. "Oh no, I have to sign up for a Facebook account. I don't want to use Facebook! Face Screaming In Fear " You sign up and you use it only for buying and selling.

Signing up for YouTube doesn't mean that you have to upload videos.
Signing up for Twitter doesn't mean you have to tweet.

If you have no self-control, then okay, but say so in the first place.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
rabbit wrote:
If you have no self-control, then okay, but say so in the first place.
Since I don't do facebook I don't know what you mean by having self-control with facebook. I don't do facebook because I don't agree with their terms for signing up
Last edited by Sonofman on Dec 24th, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3505 posts
627 upvotes
Hamilton
I gave up using kijiji. Last year when my grandfather passed away and we sold almost a house worth of stuff I started putting ads on both Facebook marketplace and kijiji. Easily Facebook was getting 3x more responses. It got to the point where it wasn't even worth my time putting it on kijiji.

Even if you don't "facebook", its worth it to have an account to just buy and sell.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
adblink182 wrote: I gave up using kijiji. Last year when my grandfather passed away and we sold almost a house worth of stuff I started putting ads on both Facebook marketplace and kijiji. Easily Facebook was getting 3x more responses. It got to the point where it wasn't even worth my time putting it on kijiji.

Even if you don't "facebook", its worth it to have an account to just buy and sell.
I don't like giving any company my personal details and photo. I rather not and go with sites that don't require it. But to each to their own, right
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1510 posts
1790 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Sonofman wrote: I don't like giving any company my personal details and photo. I rather not and go with sites that don't require it. But to each to their own, right
You don't have to give your real info, and you certainly don't have to put a photo. Nothing's stopping you from using your first name and fake surname (or an entirely fake name) paired with a generic picture of a sunset or whatever.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: You don't have to give your real info, and you certainly don't have to put a photo. Nothing's stopping you from using your first name and fake surname (or an entirely fake name) paired with a generic picture of a sunset or whatever.
The last time which was a few months ago when I heard about selling stuff on FM I try to sign up but they wanted a facial photo, no thanks