Investing

what is ETF do you buy if you are bullish on China and India's economy

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2021 7:56 pm
Dec 17, 2009
496 posts
200 upvotes
ZEM.TO? Why not just stick with an emerging markets index?
Nov 3, 2018
359 posts
745 upvotes
admiralackbar wrote: Are you paid by the CCP by the hysteric comment (this and other threads about unfair treatment, destroying Taiwan, now speaking about the first line of defense)?

You sound like one of their Foreign Ministry spokesmen that play professional victim all the time.

Go ahead and sell us the virtues of Chinese companies and listings, that is interesting as I own TEHCY, BABA and JD, but could you lay off the persecution Koolaid please? China and the West have more than enough awfulness between them to go around, all about power. Thanks
You feeling alright today?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2190 posts
2098 upvotes
Montréal
supremePug wrote: You feeling alright today?
Yes, I was referring to his/her posts in multiple threads today. But you are correct, not very professional, I edited my post.
Jul 2, 2016
54 posts
124 upvotes
I am very bullish on Indian markets for next 10-15 years. Invested in below two ETF’s. Both US based.

INDA - tracks about large 70 Indian companies
SMIN - I like their portfolio
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12063 posts
3283 upvotes
deejay008 wrote: I am very bullish on Indian markets for next 10-15 years. Invested in below two ETF’s. Both US based.

So is there any sort of regulatory auditing on these companies? Or since it is emerging market it would be more risky? Any experience getting massive gains on emerging market etf?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2019
1146 posts
581 upvotes
Thanks. I really hope there is Canadian ETF that can have more international exposure.

I think China will overtake US as world number one economy in 8 years, as long as Republicans does not gain power.

Indian will take over USA in about 20-25 years.
deejay008 wrote: I am very bullish on Indian markets for next 10-15 years. Invested in below two ETF’s. Both US based.

Enjoying my post without UPVOTE is a serious violation.
Jul 2, 2016
54 posts
124 upvotes
I personally was invested in Indian markets directly since 2005. Returns have been very good IMHO though last decade was not so well for overall equity market. Since moving here the US based ETFs looked better to me as Canadian Mutual fund investing in India was very expensive. There are regulatory processes obviously for accounting there. The biggest scam was probably in 2009 Satya scam. If you stick to the large caps, I think it’s safe..
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12063 posts
3283 upvotes
deejay008 wrote: I personally was invested in Indian markets directly since 2005. Returns have been very good IMHO though last decade was not so well for overall equity market. Since moving here the US based ETFs looked better to me as Canadian Mutual fund investing in India was very expensive. There are regulatory processes obviously for accounting there. The biggest scam was probably in 2009 Satya scam. If you stick to the large caps, I think it’s safe..
Definitely will look into this.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
2391 posts
196 upvotes
If you want ETF, then pick whatever sector you are interested in. Check fund prospectus/holdings/MER to get an idea. Here are a few for US market (look for Canadian equivalent if you want to stay in $CDN):

FLCH https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FLCH/holdings?p=FLCH - I think this isn't sector specific
KURE https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KURE/holdings?p=KURE - Health care specific
DRW https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DRW/holdings?p=DRW - Real Estate specific but isn't China specific, although it holds a few Chinese RE companies. I name it because RE China specific ETF have low volume/liquidity
YINN https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YINN/holdings?p=YINN - More speculative; a derivative ETF that seeks 3x leverage for FTSE China 50 Index