Home & Garden

What external finish materials are these?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2021 9:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2039 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto

What external finish materials are these?

https://assets-listings.rew.ca/treb_dla ... =992&h=745

Can someone shed some light on what kind of finishes these are? Brick around the garage doors. The white panels I think are stucco? Brown looks like aluminum to me or could be siding? How expensive finish like this as opposed to brick?

Thanks.
7 replies
Dec 6, 2020
448 posts
426 upvotes
White looks like some kind of architectural panel siding, such as Nichiha. I don't believe it's stucco.

Not too sure what brown is. It has a significant sheen to it (note the reflections beside the windows), which rules out most materials. It might be another type of Nichiha product, but it could also be high-end aluminum siding or even high-grade wood with an extremely high gloss paint.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1656 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
Not a great colour - orangey-brown. It looks like siding to me, but really hard to tell without an up close view.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1643 posts
94 upvotes
If that house were in Calgary, the orange would be stained cedar (or a composite made to look the same but last much better and lower maintenance), the white would be a flat finished stucco. It's an aesthetic that gets associated with the west coast; don't know if that's how they build them out there, but that's how we THINK they look LOL.

I personally like the overall look, flat roof, squared up design elements and the "cedar" trim out to give dimension and warmth.
Nov 11, 2014
1 posts
Hamilton, ON
I think the white is a Fibre cement panel, usually 1/2" thick.
The brown is 6" wide aluminum siding similar to Longboard, with a wood look finish.