Credit Cards

what is the fastest way to remove the credit card not belong to me on Transunion ?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 11:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 5, 2013
281 posts
80 upvotes

what is the fastest way to remove the credit card not belong to me on Transunion ?

I am in process to get mortage.However,The Bank found out that the TD credit card on my file,did not pay,which is not belong to me. I called TD,they confirmed the credit card is not belong to me,I have to contact transunion.I called,transunion will take one month to remove it unless TD report immediately.I called TD again,Customer service said they can not do anything,no one will report to Transunion immediately. Is there anyway,I can complain about this?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4181 posts
2717 upvotes
Ottawa
See if TD will provide you the letter to confirm its not yours, and then provide that to the bank or broker doing your mortgage. It may help.. But can't hurt
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13028 posts
8270 upvotes
Markham
Also check equifax
Mar 25, 2015
784 posts
711 upvotes
Why not open dispute with TransUnion?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25957 posts
10687 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Typically when someone asks me what is the the fastest way to XXXX my answer would be Fedex.
Just to get that out of the way.

If customer service (call center) won't do it then go to your local branch and speak with someone high up if you don't already have a contact there.

I am hesitant to say ask Transunion to start the process because that might put a freeze on it and then the letter from TD is not acted on.
So today sort what you can out with TD. If TD refuses and your out of people to escalate to then start the Transunion process tomorrow.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1285 posts
1737 upvotes
firefireman wrote: I am in process to get mortage.However,The Bank found out that the TD credit card on my file,did not pay,which is not belong to me. I called TD,they confirmed the credit card is not belong to me,I have to contact transunion.I called,transunion will take one month to remove it unless TD report immediately.I called TD again,Customer service said they can not do anything,no one will report to Transunion immediately. Is there anyway,I can complain about this?
You can dispute it online with TransUnion.

transunion-consumer-disclosure-new-feature-2485

https://www.transunion.ca/product/consumer-disclosure