• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 11:04 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
471 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto

What food goes on sale after Christmas?

Just want to do some food shopping after Christmas.

I just got know that Turkey and Starbucks Christmas beans go on sale.

What else? Thanks.
40 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35562 posts
9586 upvotes
Ottawa
Everything with Christmas packaging :)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3298 upvotes
SDM holiday chocolates -60% starting Monday 26
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6857 posts
1546 upvotes
Ham!! Fruitcake, mincemeat tarts and pies, holiday flavour ice cream (mint chip, peppermint, shortbread etc.), dinner rolls, holiday themed baked goods, eggnog, party platters from delis (often 30% off stickered at RCSS. Before Christmas eg. December 24 afternoon/evening often cut vegetables with dip, salads, meats near best before dates.

I always go to various grocery stores late afternoon on Christmas Eve and pick up bargains.

After New Years, hams again and "fancy" cheeses and charcuterie type things like large packs of mixed salami, proscuitto etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8524 posts
2471 upvotes
Mississauga
Hickory Farms
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6857 posts
1546 upvotes
Panettones and candies like Quality Street or truffles, chocolate covered cherries, last season WalMart was clearing out tins of smoked oysters at 77 cents or something.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3298 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Panettones and candies like Quality Street or truffles, chocolate covered cherries, last season WalMart was clearing out tins of smoked oysters at 77 cents or something.
oooh, oysters!

Walmart Clover Leaf Whole Baby Clams 142g are on clearance in some stores for $1...listed online but unable to get them to register into my cart.
Last edited by lecale on Dec 22nd, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2700 upvotes
ON
Anything that they didn't stock in October that was brought in just for xmas.
Good time to stock up on candies and chocolates if you have a sweet tooth.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6857 posts
1546 upvotes
Was at a YIG (Your Independent Grocer, Loblaw banner store) and they had the PC Double Stuffed Young Turkeys marked down to $1.99 lb., $4.37 kg. Cheapest they've been previously was $2.49/$5.76.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6857 posts
1546 upvotes
Independent also had assorted brands of fresh turkeys marked down to 99 cents a pound.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9322 posts
1730 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't been in Costco for a while but my Mum requested a Costco Fruitcake.
Last year by the time I went in after New Years Day they had already taken them off the shelves.
I say taken off the shelves because I know it's not a popular item amongst Canadians.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3298 upvotes
gh05t wrote: Haven't been in Costco for a while but my Mum requested a Costco Fruitcake.
Last year by the time I went in after New Years Day they had already taken them off the shelves.
I say taken off the shelves because I know it's not a popular item amongst Canadians.
Walmart already had their fruitcakes at $1.97 on the 24th but they were really cheap grotty ones.

The fruitcake mountain at Zehrs didn't seem to move or diminish at all to date, so I am going to go check that out on the 26th. They have some nice stuff, and I would be pleased to have it at 50%. SDM too. I was there today and it was pretty darned picked over, but there may be some chocolates I am into. Most of the mainstream ones like Quality Street are already sold out. Last year Quality Street 725g went for $9.99 at a few stores; this year the best deal was $11.99 3-day sale at Loblaws/Zehrs 3 weeks prior. Tough year for chocolates. Turtles went for $6.99 at their cheapest last year; I haven't seen them this low, this. I survived the season on gifted chocolates but I would like to pick some up if I find a decent deal.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6857 posts
1546 upvotes
gh05t wrote: Haven't been in Costco for a while but my Mum requested a Costco Fruitcake.
PC Farmers Market and Laura Secord are the best fruitcakes. I had a sample of the Costco fruitcake yesterday and it was dry. The PC one with marzipan icing is particularly good.