• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2021 10:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 5, 2016
126 posts
207 upvotes

What is going on at Ikea??

placed order last week, my order moved to "beeing picked" then one step back to order received... the 1866 number don't even ring, nobody available on live chat and no answers on emails.....
430 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15890 posts
13112 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Discoboy1 wrote: placed order last week, my order moved to "beeing picked" then one step back to order received... the 1866 number don't even ring, nobody available on live chat and no answers on emails.....
Lol...

NEWS FLASH ... there’s a global pandemic

Local Stores in much of Canada are CLOSED

By orders of the Provincial Govts & Public Health ... being deemed NON ESSENTIAL

NOW ENFORCED by HEFTY FINES or possible arrest

Online Orders are sourced out of local Store’s Warehouses
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20082 posts
4621 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Lol...

I saw some news article last night about people wanted for shoplifting at IKEA.

Me: Holy moly, IKEA is open?!

Turns out the incident took place in February... :facepalm:
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Apr 7th, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1497 posts
1265 upvotes
Ottawa
We placed an order for a patio set and office desk on Sunday for local delivery (which is $10 cheaper than national delivery). We were lucky in that there were some slots open for the next morning. The courier called at about 10 AM the next morning and it was at our back door by 10:15 am, 24 hours after ordering.

So, my experience was awesome.

We're in Ottawa.

The only issue we had was using their online order system. If you order for national delivery, all of your items have to be available at their national online shipping location. If you order for local delivery, the item has to be available at your local store and online, from what we found. There was one item in one specific colour that we tried to order that messed up our entire order because it wasn't available at the online warehouse, but was available for click-and-collect. We had to go through item by item to find the problem, and once we changed the colour choice we were able to successfully place the order.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2016
126 posts
207 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Lol...

By orders of the Provincial Govts & Public Health ... being deemed NON ESSENTIAL

NOW ENFORCED by HEFTY FINES or possible arrest

Online Orders are sourced out of local Store’s Warehouses
yeah well the website still have sales an takes orders, and doesn't mentions items won't be shipped untill the apocalypse is over....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9517 posts
4722 upvotes
Markham
This is communication issue
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3961 posts
2941 upvotes
GTA
tmpz wrote: I sent an email about a missing part, I haven't heard back in over 2 weeks...
All their bosses went back to Sweden, good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7379 posts
989 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: The one in Iqaluit is still open.
Yeah, but all the Iqaluit Ikea sells is really big ice cube trays for making igloos.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22109 posts
16715 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Discoboy1 wrote: placed order last week, my order moved to "beeing picked" then one step back to order received... the 1866 number don't even ring, nobody available on live chat and no answers on emails.....
IKEA is the Swedish acronym for "Out of stock." Under normal times that applies only to their merchandise. Apparently these days it also applies to their infrastructure.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1413 posts
743 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: All their bosses went back to Sweden, good luck!
You mean Netherlands ....since 1982.
Aug 3, 2010
115 posts
106 upvotes
Windsor
I was looking to order some cookware online for delivery, apparently all of their parcel deliveries (not home delivery) have a backlog of 6 weeks.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2006
1577 posts
3987 upvotes
I ordered a table last week and it arrived a few days later. No issues.
Jul 8, 2009
661 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: Lol...

So?! Online orders are handled by computer. You talk to people by phone. Any online-order business should still be running. Workers can handle all customer requests from home, except for the ones doing actual physical deliveries. OP should definitely be able to talk to someone. You can't use this virus to excuse every instance of a business dropping the ball.
Jun 5, 2009
244 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Made an order on the 22nd and got an email on the 25th that it was being picked and should be delivered on the 30th . Also went back to order received, agent on the chat told me it should get out with a week delay. Status is still the same after 2.5 weeks. Tried to chat again but was 99th on the list and it just crashed after 10 minutes.

I also tried to order an outside table that says available for delivery at my postal code, but I get a out of stock error at check out. The same item seems to work if I want to ship it 4 kms away. Agent says its out of stock at the warehouse nearest to my house. Got the same response when I said I don't get the same error with a fake postal code 4 kms away.
Oct 7, 2007
287 posts
74 upvotes
Rider Nation
Good Luck
Ive been waiting for a drawer front Since March 25. Delivery pushed back twice.
Jul 3, 2009
316 posts
48 upvotes
I ordered a mattress from Ikea 3 days ago, if I added any other items, it will show out of stock. If I only keep the mattress in the cart, I could still check out.

The mattress ended up costing me $59 to delivery from Ikea warehouse within GTA to Vaughan, but it delivered within 3 days. The mattress was compressed and rolled, it can be delivered by regular courier, but a little bit on the heavier/bigger side. Since I need the mattress in a hurry, I won't complain the shipping cost.

Now I am trying to order other stuff and it shows delivery time of 6 weeks.

As a comparison, I ordered from theBay for mattress protector and some shirts, they were shipped out the next day and delivered within the day. It seems the issue is Ikea not able to keep up with the volume, it has nothing to do with the courier