• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4389 posts
2825 upvotes
Any game that has a bunch of dudes that shoot stuff.
Jun 13, 2013
7 posts
Toronto
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time if I had to pick one game. It still holds up today the 3ds version is wonderful.

Some many great games from Nintendo...
Sep 28, 2006
694 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
There aren't many space sim games out there anymore, but I used to love Freespace 2. The story was amazing. This was all before all these story driven games that came out recently like the last of us and uncharted. The graphics especially held up very well. Even to this day I'm still surprised how well the game looked and played despite using what we would consider ancient computers.
Feb 11, 2014
2 posts
Agreed Super Mario Bros. Look, even today's hit game Flappy Bird ripped off elements from the Super Mario series!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2555 posts
513 upvotes
Scarborough
It's a toss up for me between "Xenogears" & "Street Fighter III: Third Strike"
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1663 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
Here is my list of what I spent the most time playing at any given point and time:

Missile Command (Atari 400)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Apple IIe)
Hard Hat Mack (Apple IIe)
Sea Battle (Intellivision)
Gauntlet (In the Arcade)
Tetris (NES)
Contra (NES)
Super Mario (NES)
Super Mario 3 (NES)
Dragon Warrior (NES)
Mega Man (NES)
Final Fantasy (Gameboy)
Mortal Kombat (In the Arcade)
Monster Land (In the Arcade)
Pimp Wars (Pre-net, Online BBS game)
Dune 2 (PC)
Warcraft 1 & 2 (PC)
Wolfenstein (PC)
Doom 1 & 2 (PC)
Civilization (PC)
Postal 2 (PC)
Halo (PC)
Serious Sam (Gamecube)
Angry Birds franchise (Iphone)
Plants vs. Zombies (Iphone)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6577 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
I could zone on Kaboom for the 2600 like no other.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6577 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
lor74 wrote: Pimp Wars (Pre-net, Online BBS game)
I wrote BBS door games in Turbo Pascal back in the late 80's and early 90's. Made $3-4k in shareware registrations on one of them. My parents were stunned as I kept getting multiple checks in the mail every week at $10 or $15 a crack. Can't remember exactly what I was charging. But I think I had close to 300 registrations for sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1663 posts
358 upvotes
Montreal
raspeed wrote: I wrote BBS door games in Turbo Pascal back in the late 80's and early 90's. Made $3-4k in shareware registrations on one of them. My parents were stunned as I kept getting multiple checks in the mail every week at $10 or $15 a crack. Can't remember exactly what I was charging. But I think I had close to 300 registrations for sure.
memories.....spending hours on local boards on a 2400 baud modem. The thrill of a young male waiting 10 minutes to download one naughty picture :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6577 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
lor74 wrote: memories.....spending hours on local boards on a 2400 baud modem. The thrill of a young male waiting 10 minutes to download one naughty picture :cheesygri
The "internet" for one user at a time! The good old days.

Just remembered a couple more:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and Hockey for the Intellivision. Amazing games for that era.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)