• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2020 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
USA
I think all games are in VR. This is a very cool branch in the gaming industry and I really hope that it will improve. I've never had so much fun playing games. I thought I tried everything, but after I tried VR I was stunned. I hope that computer vision software company is the future of game dev
Last edited by Threetrees on Mar 13th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9283 posts
1939 upvotes
Winnipeg
depends on the game and era, platform too.

Ground breaking due to first time experience. Or say single player and multiplayer? arcade style ? fps, or role playing etc . Mostly raw popularity wins the title greatest game.

My overall pick tho would be Halflife was the greatest modern computer based game. It was maybe the first real thriller with decent graphics. You became the character you were the lead actor it was like being in a movie, in first person with a real immersive interesting story line.From it gave birth to one of the most played multiplayer games of all time. So its a true benchmark.

But hands down the most significant game changing multiplayer has to go to battlefield 1942. That was ground breaking.

It granted first person shooter and the ability to really move beyond the 3rd wall in games. Which was moving towards total interaction with the environment. Untill then it hadn't been offered before. You could basically use all the vehicles and weapons at your leisure with physics and it wasn't scripted. That was ground breaking for online gaming and you were playing against upto 64 people too.
Mar 15, 2020
3 posts
Hard to say as what is "great" will likely depend on what different people value...
I'd have to go with Warcraft 3+TFT expansion (and not the awful reforged one)
was probably the first game i encountered with that degree of community created content.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13559 posts
4066 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't played every game out there but for me, The Last of Us.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1558 posts
280 upvotes
BC
Half Life was and is the gr8st.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I have a face made for wearing masks
Jun 11, 2016
801 posts
1121 upvotes
Greatest arcade game: Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Frogger, Missile Command, Asteroids, Galaga and Crazy Climber (all tied for 2nd after Donkey Kong)
Greatest console game: NHL 94
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1671 posts
193 upvotes
FPS: Counter-strike
RTS: Starcraft
RPG: Final Fantasy 7
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6577 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
KravenHead wrote: Greatest console game: NHL 94
EA's NHL game that first appeared on Genesis was certainly ground breaking ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)