• Nov 24th, 2022 6:25 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

What is HATED in the market right now?

- AQN, and to a lesser degree other utilities.

- Big tech (META).
Buy quality. Keep calm and go long (and note to self STOP SELLING).
21 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Hate is a strong word.. more like disappointed.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3137 posts
2298 upvotes
Not sure how we define "hated" but miners/coin-related names like GLXY and HUT, as well as SHOP, are a couple things that come to mind. GLXY and HUT down -90% over 1 year and SHOP down 75% over the same timeframe.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2938 upvotes
Burlington, ON
rodbarc wrote: Bear market rallies tricking a lot of people to think bottom is in, only to make lower lows next year.
I was buying stock in Q1 and Q2 but less since then... you think there will better prices next year? Is it worth it save dividends for redeployment then?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Capt. wrote: Not sure how we define "hated" but miners/coin-related names like GLXY and HUT, as well as SHOP, are a couple things that come to mind. GLXY and HUT down -90% over 1 year and SHOP down 75% over the same timeframe.
Yes good call on Crypto.

Hated as in no one wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole. How it's just trash, garbage, how you'd be crazy to buy it, etc. Not your usual "valuation correction" but actively despised.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
treva84 wrote: Yes good call on Crypto.

Hated as in no one wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole. How it's just trash, garbage, how you'd be crazy to buy it, etc. Not your usual "valuation correction" but actively despised.
it was good for swing trading though :).
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
7113 posts
9300 upvotes
Gungnir wrote: I was buying stock in Q1 and Q2 but less since then... you think there will better prices next year? Is it worth it save dividends for redeployment then?
I am expecting lower prices for equities next year, based on my macro model. I have been selling puts for the stocks that I want to own and rolling them lower every month. I have been accumulating dividends and only bought a few that kept guidance intact or improved, like CNR and CSU. Will buy the rest once macro data starts to improve. BNS looking undervalued too, let’s see how the new CEO will do. Should also be a good opportunity for some preferreds at a high yield.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:
Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2020
7187 posts
5619 upvotes
Thornhill
Cathie Wood!

Edit: Mon dieu, everytime I check ARKK, it just gets lower and lower. It's in the 30s now. I remember bailing out at $130.
Sep 26, 2016
215 posts
215 upvotes
rodbarc wrote: ...some preferreds at a high yield.
Rod
If you like cold sweat and ulcers, PBR.A paid $6.58 in divvies over the year and closed at $8.79 yesterday Winking Face
15% withholding tax though
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1207 posts
3036 upvotes
SK
:-( TXF.TO definitely feeling the hate... Got out today with a 25k haircut for tax purposes.

:-) Interest Rates are warm and fuzzy... Got in today at 4.75% and up.

:-| Everything else I watch is either meh or neutral... Maintain Spectator Mode™
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FarmerHarv wrote: :-) Interest Rates are warm and fuzzy... Got in today at 4.75% and up.
GIC?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1207 posts
3036 upvotes
SK
treva84 wrote: GIC?
Tangerine promo HISA (5.25% for the corp account), and picked up a couple of GIC at 5.2%.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FarmerHarv wrote: Tangerine promo HISA (5.25% for the corp account), and picked up a couple of GIC at 5.2%.
Bummer my promo HISA IR with Tangerine is currently 3.5%.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)