Oct 13, 2014
2021 posts
1278 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
VESTEGAARD wrote: a new spouse...

the old one, ah well...
LOL

Reminds me of the following, trade in one for two younger companions:
If you are female - You will be doubly unsatisfied.
If you are male then you will have two more unsatisfied females.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6371 posts
1203 upvotes
What do I want for Christmas? Crossing my fingers that I won’t have to work around that time. The gift of time off is what I’m going to ask Santa for.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10515 posts
1713 upvotes
+1 Hopefully it will at least be available for HCW and high risk group.
Squirrel99 wrote: An effective and safe COVID vaccine
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6627 posts
2896 upvotes
in probably 3 weeks I would wish for unlimited toilet paper, flour, and cleansing supplies.
Sep 1, 2013
831 posts
270 upvotes
Mississauga
Squirrel99 wrote: An effective and safe COVID vaccine
My greatest hope for the next 1-2 months is that we get good news from the Phase 3 trials of Pfizer, Moderna and/or the Oxford vaccine; or possibly more than one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1206 posts
1037 upvotes
I don't want to sound like the Grinch, but there is a possibility that the second half of December and the month of January will be particularly challenging. Time will tell.
sushi604 wrote: 1. A cure to control my acnes
If you are not at the scarring stage then try Hibiclens + isopropyl alcohol 99%.
The first person you should appreciate, is yourself. Otherwise you are asking others to do something you refuse to do yourself.

Life is like a roller coaster. You should try to enjoy the ride.
Mar 6, 2015
681 posts
50 upvotes
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Sep 1, 2013
831 posts
270 upvotes
Mississauga
How do you move a parade online?

Just cancel it and be done with it. Let's get this miserable bastard of a year over with.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1206 posts
1037 upvotes
TM2Megatron wrote: How do you move a parade online?

Just cancel it and be done with it. Let's get this miserable bastard of a year over with.
You mean you can't wait for 2021, which will be much worse than 2020??? Face With Tears Of Joy
The first person you should appreciate, is yourself. Otherwise you are asking others to do something you refuse to do yourself.

Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13088 posts
2180 upvotes
City of Vancouver
The Stockdale Paradox (from wikipedia):

James C. Collins related a conversation he had with [James] Stockdale regarding his coping strategy during his period in the Vietnamese POW camp. When Collins asked which prisoners didn't make it out of Vietnam, Stockdale replied:

Oh, that's easy, the optimists. Oh, they were the ones who said, 'We're going to be out by Christmas.' And Christmas would come, and Christmas would go. Then they'd say, 'We're going to be out by Easter.' And Easter would come, and Easter would go. And then Thanksgiving, and then it would be Christmas again. And they died of a broken heart. This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.

Collins called this the Stockdale Paradox.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1206 posts
1037 upvotes
Becks wrote: The Stockdale Paradox (from wikipedia):

James C. Collins related a conversation he had with [James] Stockdale regarding his coping strategy during his period in the Vietnamese POW camp. When Collins asked which prisoners didn't make it out of Vietnam, Stockdale replied:

Oh, that's easy, the optimists. Oh, they were the ones who said, 'We're going to be out by Christmas.' And Christmas would come, and Christmas would go. Then they'd say, 'We're going to be out by Easter.' And Easter would come, and Easter would go. And then Thanksgiving, and then it would be Christmas again. And they died of a broken heart. This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.

Collins called this the Stockdale Paradox.
Very good quote! I think those who have it the hardest are those who believe in lies. Btw, I'm neither a pessimist, nor an optimist. I'm a realist.

Apr 5, 2017
515 posts
378 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Good winter weather.
Good health.
Extra money for ??? I know I want to start investing and I'll have plenty of time and extra money saved from not spending to do so with.
Some extra time off work perhaps, which might happen anyway due to "second wave".
Maybe deals on home improvement materials to fix up a place to get ready for selling next year.