Shopping Discussion

What item do you have the hardest time refusing a deal on?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1437 posts
1348 upvotes
SURREY

What item do you have the hardest time refusing a deal on?

Sorry for the poor the worded question. Basically just asking what product do you have a hard time saying no to when it’s on sale? For me it’s headphones and knives. I have one of each that I use regularly and then a bunch more that are just sitting in drawers or other places around my house. But every time something pops up I have to talk myself out of buying a new one. How about you all?
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
SSD’s .. I have soo many. Headphones are a close second.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Wifi surge protectors, batteries, sd cards.
"signature removed for rule violations" Hell ya, that's what we do! 😝
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Various food items. Other than that I don't buy stuff I don't need, even if it's crazy cheap.
That's me too. Everybody has to eat, everybody does not need new SSD's, headphones, or kitchen gadgets every week.

For me its:
Any freebie... like free fries at McDonald's when the Raptors hit 12 three pointers.
Slurpee deals at 7-Eleven, the only time I ever set foot in the place.
Happy Hour at Starbucks when it's the 50% off deal rather than the BOGO.

For my wife it's the 50% off stickers at Loblaws at the end of the day...
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
Anytime McDonalds offers $1 any size coffee.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
tech

if its cheap and cool and new I have it

Sure I gave that talking chewbaca to my daughter. But my instinct was 'its chewie, takes batteries and talks and its only 30 usd bucks= SOLD!

Came home and found it going for upto 200 in some stores around christmas
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Good quality meat sales. I somehow can't say no to filling my freezer. I have to eat it eventually so I don't see it as a problem
Last edited by Guest033746887 on Apr 22nd, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
Come on folks.... Don't lie by naming other products. We all know everyone can't turn down a sale on toilet paper.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
yup, a lot have been mentioned. Usually it coincides with the popularity of a deal thread

headphones, have more than I know what to do with.
sd cards (if I can throw away a slow card and get a faster one with more capacity, the better)
mice
happy hour starbucks
ssds when you can get the 2x capacity for the same cost as what I paid last time.
speakers of all sorts (especially smart speakers or streaming speakers)
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
Lysol disinfecting wipes. The online discount for it is just too good, way better than storefront.
Hyped gadgets that are highly discounted. Never need a Google home mini but for just 9.99 it's instant buy without thinking. Face With Tears Of Joy
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12016 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
chimaican wrote: Come on folks.... Don't lie by naming other products. We all know everyone can't turn down a sale on toilet paper.
Costco (Kirkland) never goes on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
STEAM free games - add never play.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
PenguinRei wrote: Lysol disinfecting wipes. The online discount for it is just too good, way better than storefront.
Hyped gadgets that are highly discounted. Never need a Google home mini but for just 9.99 it's instant buy without thinking. Face With Tears Of Joy
What is the best current deal, my stock is running low...
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
radeonboy wrote: What is the best current deal, my stock is running low...
Amazon have the 3 pack 240 wipes for 9.98 right now, with 2.5 coupon, ebates and S&S you can probably cut it down to a fairly good price.
But it still not the best one compare to this 6x110 one in here (It's expired though).
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Finish dishwasher detergent deals that makes it practically free.

I brush my teeth with it to reduce the stockpile.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
RolandCouch wrote: Good quality meat sales. I somehow can't say no to filling my freezer. I have to eat it eventually so I don't see it as a problem
Exact same thing for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)