• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 9:02 pm
[OP]
May 11, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote

What laptop would be best for Roblox?

Hi everyone
First time posting here. I've been looking for deals on laptops.... Not looking to spend a lot because my daughter basically just plays Roblox on it all day. She has a MacBook Air right now but I'm not going to buy her another one just so she can play games.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3218 posts
1966 upvotes
SW ON
So, don't buy one. What's wrong with what she has now? Roblox doesn't need a lot of resources. I believe any laptop will do. It plays well on Intel integrated GPU and also on medium grade Android tablets.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4475 posts
4643 upvotes
GTA
The specs for Roblox are pretty low, here's from the official website
https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/art ... quirements

A 2005+ CPU is pretty old. I'd just try it on your Mac before getting a new computer.

The real problem with Roblox is the game runs like jank no matter the hardware lol. My kid has it on a PC well above the listed specs but the game itself is poorly coded, plus the nature of the game is a big mod, so nothing seems to run fast or reliably.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3218 posts
1966 upvotes
SW ON
BernardRyder wrote: The real problem with Roblox is the game runs like jank no matter the hardware lol. My kid has it on a PC well above the listed specs but the game itself is poorly coded, plus the nature of the game is a big mod, so nothing seems to run fast or reliably.
I don't know what you are talking about. My kids love it. No problems with running it. Sometimes the servers become unavailable but rarely and it resolves fast.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4475 posts
4643 upvotes
GTA
alpovs wrote: I don't know what you are talking about. My kids love it. No problems with running it. Sometimes the servers become unavailable but rarely and it resolves fast.
It's been at least a few years but my youngest would have issues with it running poorly. And it wasn't the PC, as it was only a couple of years old and I keep them in decent running shape. The game itself seems to be a collection of mods as random games and game modes. It could be a server issue of course, but that still relates back to the way the game functions. But this was a few years ago so YMMV.
It is similar to Minecraft Void Launcher, another game she insisted on playing that ran like crap. That is just a repository of different games and mods running under Minecraft, and ran even more poorly than Roblox. You know how kids are, just playing a stable game is never enough...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2354 posts
527 upvotes
Natty1234 wrote: Hi everyone
First time posting here. I've been looking for deals on laptops.... Not looking to spend a lot because my daughter basically just plays Roblox on it all day. She has a MacBook Air right now but I'm not going to buy her another one just so she can play games.
how old is she? My 11 year old has borrowed our MBP for a couple of years already and stakes claim it has more to offer on Mac, than a windows/chromebook PC.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3218 posts
1966 upvotes
SW ON
BernardRyder wrote: It's been at least a few years but my youngest would have issues with it running poorly. And it wasn't the PC, as it was only a couple of years old and I keep them in decent running shape. The game itself seems to be a collection of mods as random games and game modes. It could be a server issue of course, but that still relates back to the way the game functions. But this was a few years ago so YMMV.
It is similar to Minecraft Void Launcher, another game she insisted on playing that ran like crap. That is just a repository of different games and mods running under Minecraft, and ran even more poorly than Roblox. You know how kids are, just playing a stable game is never enough...
If it was a few years ago maybe the problem is gone now. They update Roblox frequently. My (my kids) experience is recent. Also, I wonder if the problems you described were due to poor WiFi. Roblox is heavily dependent on the Internet connection. Also, there are lots of YouTubers who play Roblox and post it on YouTube. Their play is smooth. Sometimes I have to watch them because my kids are watching them in the same room but I haven't noticed any issues in their play. I would say Roblox is stable and solid.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3218 posts
1966 upvotes
SW ON
redsfan wrote: and stakes claim it has more to offer on Mac, than a windows/chromebook PC.
How is it possible? Roblox is an online game. It's almost like a terminal connected to a server. I don't see a difference between Windows and Android.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2015
2805 posts
2481 upvotes
Toronto
How on earth roblox is worth $50bil
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4475 posts
4643 upvotes
GTA
alpovs wrote: If it was a few years ago maybe the problem is gone now. They update Roblox frequently. My (my kids) experience is recent. Also, I wonder if the problems you described were due to poor WiFi. Roblox is heavily dependent on the Internet connection. Also, there are lots of YouTubers who play Roblox and post it on YouTube. Their play is smooth. Sometimes I have to watch them because my kids are watching them in the same room but I haven't noticed any issues in their play. I would say Roblox is stable and solid.
You could be right about the connection, she had to run it off wifi. Now that I think back, that laptop was my old one and I did have sporadic wifi issues with it.
Unfortunately for her she's the youngest, so she'll always get the hand me down laptop Face With Tears Of Joy
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8354 posts
720 upvotes
Scarborough
My old T430 is fine. Now my daughter has a Ryzen 3500 laptop
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2354 posts
527 upvotes
alpovs wrote: How is it possible? Roblox is an online game. It's almost like a terminal connected to a server. I don't see a difference between Windows and Android.
Apparently she can create an actual Roblox game on our Mac, that she is unable to do on her Chromebook? No clue what that means, but seems legit lol
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1562 posts
207 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: How on earth roblox is worth $50bil
When my kids were smaller it was the only online space where I felt they were safe. They produce games that are very juvenile but kids love them. It will surpass the Minecraft empire because it values the coders and creators as oppose to making endorsement deals with other IP.