Shopping Discussion

What is a life changing item you can buy for less than $100?

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 6:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes

I saw a post on Twitter asking this question and I was wondering what all the RFDer's would suggest!

119 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13675 posts
2424 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Contact lenses?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3356 posts
813 upvotes
Vancouver
I recall reading one of these threads on reddit before and someone suggested a curved shower rod. It's probably around $40. It's mundane and I don't know if it's lifechanging, but it's definitely more spacious in the shower now! I fully enjoy the curved shower rod in my bathroom.. lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
1399 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
Extendable shower rods + curtain. Makes your shower area waterproof. No more wet floor or leaks outside
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Sep 16, 2015
485 posts
997 upvotes
Calgary, AB
A bulk pack of condoms from Costco.
May 8, 2012
1 posts
RICHMOND HILL
I bought a 17-key kalimba aka thumb piano the other day for $60 off Amazon (certainly you can buy one for less than half that). I like it because not only is it an affordable instrument, I love that it sounds like a music box and that it's very portable. I can play it as quiet as I want and I can take it to travel some day. As a pianist, I am thrilled to know that many of my favourite piano pieces have kalimba arrangements. There are great players on Youtube and lots of tabs and notations around the internet. Of course, choosing to play completely by ear is a joy too c:
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
4939 posts
36302 upvotes
Toronto, ON
an animal from a petting zoo
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2015
2805 posts
2481 upvotes
Toronto
Dodgecoin when it was 0.000444

Now would be worth $113,000 from $100
To the moon
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1698 posts
787 upvotes
London
I like this thread idea, then of course all the bozos mouth off with silly comments.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1698 posts
787 upvotes
London
I think an all in one toolset is something that is really helpful for those newly on their own or generally not handy and not wanting/needing to invest in a bunch of different tools. This for example, which happens to be on sale (65% off according to CT).

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cert ... p.html#srp
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1144 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga area
My Brookstone Dream Machine (basically a white noise maker). I bought it in 2006, and use it every night. I bring it on vacation with me and I can't sleep without it. I dread the day when it breaks.

There was one night 5 years ago when I went on vacation and I had it packed in my checked luggage and the luggage was lost for 2 days. I didn't care about my clothes but I worried about my Sleep Machine. For the 2 nights I didn't have it, I downloaded various white noise apps but I didn't fall asleep or stay asleep as well as when I had my Sleep Machine.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5099 posts
4046 upvotes
kittypink wrote: My Brookstone Dream Machine (basically a white noise maker). I bought it in 2006, and use it every night. I bring it on vacation with me and I can't sleep without it. I dread the day when it breaks.

There was one night 5 years ago when I went on vacation and I had it packed in my checked luggage and the luggage was lost for 2 days. I didn't care about my clothes but I worried about my Sleep Machine. For the 2 nights I didn't have it, I downloaded various white noise apps but I didn't fall asleep or stay asleep as well as when I had my Sleep Machine.
You got me intrigued - is this one you have: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... mSkipPwa=1?

If yes, it seems similar to the "white noise generator" app.

I have sound machine but I don't like it but I use it every night.
Oct 2, 2018
917 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Great topic am watching it closely.

Life changing is an inexpensive Gilette Fusion Razor, nothing better than the feeling after a close shave. How about a nail clipper, simple and can't imagine life without it.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.