Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 15, 2014
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON

What are my options

My wife came to Canada couple of years ago and her education is secondary school back in India. What are the options do we have in terms of continuing her education in terms of programs, colleges & fees etc.,

Thanks a ton!!!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1550 posts
903 upvotes
TORONTO
So... you want a list of every possible educational program in Canada and their fees?

How long do you have :)
[OP]
Nov 15, 2014
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not every possible educational program...but in general, like what are the pre-requisites to continue with a diploma course or for a university course. we stay in Mississauga, so we are limited to colleges in Mississauga.
Jan 28, 2007
876 posts
68 upvotes
Most colleges shouldnt have a problem accepting her as a mature student. She might have to do some extra english courses. One of my buddies in college did exactly that and he didn't even finish his HS back home lol.

Start with what exactly she's interested in first and may be then people here can give you a better idea.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
pavankumar wrote: Not every possible educational program...but in general, like what are the pre-requisites to continue with a diploma course or for a university course. we stay in Mississauga, so we are limited to colleges in Mississauga.
https://www.sheridancollege.ca/
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1203 posts
669 upvotes
Ripley
They are HER options.

She could visit Student Setvices at a local college/university. Or the local high school. Or the local employment office. All of those can help guide her.

Please do not limit her to Mississauga. Toronto has public transportation so she can easily travel anywhere within the GTA. Then she can pick the best school to help her accomplish her goals.