• Aug 5th, 2020 10:04 am
[OP]
May 4, 2020
325 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On

what is the name of these yellow flowers

Hi
Please see attached picture. These flowers are tall and they are blooming these days. Would appreciate if you know the name of it. Thank you very much.

Update:
I uploaded another picture (close look) thank you
Images
  • IMG-20200801-00707.jpg
  • IMG-20200804-00708.jpg
Last edited by lwlwlwlw on Aug 4th, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
lwlwlwlw wrote: Hi
Please see attached picture. These flowers are tall and they are blooming these days. Would appreciate if you know the name of it. Thank you very much.
You should have take a pictures from farther, just to make it more difficult to identify 🧐🤣🤣
[OP]
May 4, 2020
325 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
DoorCrasher wrote: You should have take a pictures from farther, just to make it more difficult to identify 🧐🤣🤣
I see your point. I could not, no parking that side.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4997 posts
837 upvotes
Calgary
lwlwlwlw wrote: I see your point. I could not, no parking that side.
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To take a friggin photo!
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
May 28, 2012
12044 posts
4668 upvotes
Saskatoon
My guess would be roses too. The yellow blobs are too round to be a helianthus or heliopsis.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23571 posts
22532 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Mars2012 wrote: My guess would be roses too. The yellow blobs are too round to be a helianthus or heliopsis.
My guess too

I copied the photo, and blew up the flowers

Shape tells me they are prob roses (too out of focus / blurry to confirm tho)

Actually it looks to me like this Gardener might just realky like roses, as I think there are others growing in the garden as well ... the lighter yellow and deep red blooms on the shorter plants.

My guess these Deep Yellows are either Climbing Roses, or Floribundas.
Possibilities that are Deep Yellow in Colour :
Roberta Bondar (Climber)
Sunsprite (Floribunda)

Right now my money is on Roberta Bondar
https://smilingvillain.com/index.php/photopage/024
Apr 10, 2019
517 posts
1084 upvotes
Ottawa
TomLafinsky wrote: OP, next time you drive by, cross the street and ring the doorbell. There is no charge. And maybe let us know...
Might have been a great idea a year ago but i don’t want strangers at my door these days.
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
GrumpyOne1 wrote: Might have been a great idea a year ago but i don’t want strangers at my door these days.
I'd personally be pleased to answer someone asking questions about my garden.I put much effort on this garden
[OP]
May 4, 2020
325 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
Sorry, I uploaded a new and close picture. Please have a look. I know I should have done long time ago.
May 28, 2012
12044 posts
4668 upvotes
Saskatoon
Definitely not a rose or dahlia. It's a helianthus or rudbeckia of some sort. Perhaps Helianthus multiflorus 'Flore Pleno' or Rudbeckia laciniata hortensia.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4561 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: Definitely not a rose or dahlia. It's a helianthus or rudbeckia of some sort. Perhaps Helianthus multiflorus 'Flore Pleno' or Rudbeckia laciniata hortensia.
We have a number of these in our neighbourhood, and I would go with the Helianthus multiflorus assignment. (I agree that they are definitely not roses or dahlias.)
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1577 posts
1109 upvotes
Longueuil
Giant mutated dandelion?
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)