Entertainment

What options are available now to get either Fairchild or very simple Chinese shows streaming?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 10:40 pm
[OP]
Sep 8, 2016
26 posts
6 upvotes

What options are available now to get either Fairchild or very simple Chinese shows streaming?

Hello.

Shopping for my parents. Their Rogers promo expires end of March. They watch Fairchild exclusively on TV. Are Rogers and Bell still the only way to get it?

Alternatively, are there any VERY simple way to stream Chinese shows or news? I'm looking into possibly going this route for them. My parents are very bad with technology (and English for that matter, if there's menus that need to be navigated).

Whatever recommendations, I need it to be

1. Very simple to use
2. Reliable streams that don't lag or go down
3. Something that has established a good history of not being taken down. We used to have a TVPad 3 (they never learned to use it though) but its sad to know that was no longer working.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4961 posts
1841 upvotes
hukevi wrote: Hello.

Shopping for my parents. Their Rogers promo expires end of March. They watch Fairchild exclusively on TV. Are Rogers and Bell still the only way to get it?

Alternatively, are there any VERY simple way to stream Chinese shows or news? I'm looking into possibly going this route for them. My parents are very bad with technology (and English for that matter, if there's menus that need to be navigated).

Whatever recommendations, I need it to be

1. Very simple to use
2. Reliable streams that don't lag or go down
3. Something that has established a good history of not being taken down. We used to have a TVPad 3 (they never learned to use it though) but its sad to know that was no longer working.
Go to Pacific Mall and get them the ASIAN Android box .... and then cancel the Cable TV and just use internet.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4963 posts
1494 upvotes
0 downvotes
pay for a tv subscription and watch it legally.
Hi
Mar 17, 2006
696 posts
151 upvotes
Markham
Easiest and cheapest would be for you to subscribe to an IPTV provider, then set up a MAG or Dreamlink box for them. They would just turn on the box and it'll just be on Fairchild. It works like a Rogers box.

Some providers that have Asian content are:
https://www.hrsjiptv.com/
OK2 (this is the one I use)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4961 posts
1841 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: pay for a tv subscription and watch it legally.
I download .... so I don't care. Android boxes are great!

Rogers and Bell are pure scammers. All Ethnic Programming are WAY OVERPRICED! Cash grabbing robbers!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2143 posts
354 upvotes
I use vchannel and just stream via chromecast.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4963 posts
1494 upvotes
0 downvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: I download .... so I don't care. Android boxes are great!

Rogers and Bell are pure scammers. All Ethnic Programming are WAY OVERPRICED! Cash grabbing robbers!
It has nothing to do with Rogers or Bell or other Pure Scammers, but if I worked as an employee for Fairchild TV Station in Canada, You would be robbing my workplace of wages, no one wants to work for free, but you support stealing a TV signal and my workplace would not be compensated financially from you watching, and having people eventually lose their jobs due to lost revenue? how do you sleep at night knowing you are committing a sin: Thou Shalt Not Steal? This is Red Flag Deals not Red Flag Steals?
Hi
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1958 posts
600 upvotes
Scarborough
azndoughboi wrote: Easiest and cheapest would be for you to subscribe to an IPTV provider, then set up a MAG or Dreamlink box for them. They would just turn on the box and it'll just be on Fairchild. It works like a Rogers box.

Some providers that have Asian content are:
https://www.hrsjiptv.com/
OK2 (this is the one I use)
hrsjiptv has fairchild?
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Nov 4, 2020
55 posts
28 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: It has nothing to do with Rogers or Bell or other Pure Scammers, but if I worked as an employee for Fairchild TV Station in Canada, You would be robbing my workplace of wages, no one wants to work for free, but you support stealing a TV signal and my workplace would not be compensated financially from you watching, and having people eventually lose their jobs due to lost revenue? how do you sleep at night knowing you are committing a sin: Thou Shalt Not Steal? This is Red Flag Deals not Red Flag Steals?
Problem you need to pay for a bunch of base channel packages just to add-on the one channel you want to watch (Fairchild). Thats $25 base price + $15 for fairchild just to watch one channel, not worth.