Investing

What savings account do you use? (Not TFSA - just standard savings)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2015 9:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC

What savings account do you use? (Not TFSA - just standard savings)

Personally, I am with Peoples Trust, but I am getting a little unhappy at the consistent decreases in the interest rate and a little concerned with what the class action will bring.

Who are you with and would you recommend them? I am looking specifically for a savings account.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2014
5206 posts
6758 upvotes
Rankin Inlet, NU
iamanagram wrote: Personally, I am with Peoples Trust, but I am getting a little unhappy at the consistent decreases in the interest rate and a little concerned with what the class action will bring.

Who are you with and would you recommend them? I am looking specifically for a savings account.
I use Implicity Financial 1.85%. Has seen a decrease from 2.00% to 1.85% and has stayed there for a while. Not too bad. I heard Hubert Financial is better as they are at 1.95%.

I also use 1QBank for their installment deposit at 3.1%, but that is more like GICs though.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19264 posts
7661 upvotes
Toronto
I use Achieva @ 1.85% currently. They also offer a $1 per month credit to your account every month regardless of balance if you use online statements. On top of that they have a $25 referral bonus if you sign up using an existing account holders referral
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Partner Level Donor with the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
340 upvotes
Mississauga
I use implicit financial as well
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee