Investing

What savings account do you use? (Not TFSA - just standard savings)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2015 9:59 am
Tags:
None
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC

What savings account do you use? (Not TFSA - just standard savings)

Personally, I am with Peoples Trust, but I am getting a little unhappy at the consistent decreases in the interest rate and a little concerned with what the class action will bring.

Who are you with and would you recommend them? I am looking specifically for a savings account.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2014
6582 posts
9090 upvotes
Rankin Inlet, NU
iamanagram wrote: Personally, I am with Peoples Trust, but I am getting a little unhappy at the consistent decreases in the interest rate and a little concerned with what the class action will bring.

Who are you with and would you recommend them? I am looking specifically for a savings account.
I use Implicity Financial 1.85%. Has seen a decrease from 2.00% to 1.85% and has stayed there for a while. Not too bad. I heard Hubert Financial is better as they are at 1.95%.

I also use 1QBank for their installment deposit at 3.1%, but that is more like GICs though.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
I use Achieva @ 1.85% currently. They also offer a $1 per month credit to your account every month regardless of balance if you use online statements. On top of that they have a $25 referral bonus if you sign up using an existing account holders referral
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
I use implicit financial as well
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)