Food & Drink

What should i do with 6 packages of Lightlife sausages?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2021 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced

What should i do with 6 packages of Lightlife sausages?

I violated my personal rule of only buying one of a new item to test it becasue they were on an amazing sale at Metro so yesterday i bought 7 packages of them. $1.99/package and BOGO so $1 a package.
I cooked one and its awful, i could not finish it. And iirc Metro is not doing returns because of covid. So what to do with them besides throwing them away?

Now i know why they were so cheap.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
75 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Already a downvote, not wasting food is such a downer.
Last edited by Quentin5 on May 18th, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6281 upvotes
If they're that bad no need to subject them to anyone else so maybe give them to people with dogs (I'm not a pet owner so I have no idea if this is a good idea or not)? Or you could take to a non-residential area and leave them for wildlife.
Last edited by hierophant on May 18th, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
hierophant wrote: If they're that bad why subject anyone else to them? May be give them people with dogs (I'm not a pet owner so I have no idea if this is a good idea or not)? Or you could take to a non-residential area and leave them for wildlife.
There are other foods i don't like that sell well so i assume they are tasty to somebody, just not me :(
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19905 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: There are other foods i don't like that sell well so i assume they are tasty to somebody, just not me :(
Smother them in a sauce of some sort, maybe? Are they really that bad?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6281 upvotes
You probably can give them away on here lol - change the title to "Free Sausages while supplies last" - they'll be gone in minutes.

The Foodbank may take them or you BBQ them for your neighbours.

BTW if you were able to successfully return them, they would end up in the garbage.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
How bad are we talking about? What do they taste like? Maybe a different way to cook may salvage them?

+1 from me; hate ppl that -1 for no good reason.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
playnicee1 wrote: Smother them in a sauce of some sort, maybe? Are they really that bad?
Being a rather picky eater i think so.
hierophant wrote: You probably can give them away on here lol - change the title to "Free Sausages while supplies last" - they'll be gone in minutes.
If anyone wants them then free to good home.
The Foodbank may take them or you BBQ them for your neighbours.
Food bank is an interesting idea, they are refrigerated.
BTW if you were able to successfully return them, they would end up in the garbage.
D'oh
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tranquility922 wrote: How bad are we talking about? What do they taste like? Maybe a different way to cook may salvage them?
They taste like sour sage flavoured fiber.
+1 from me; hate ppl that -1 for no good reason.
Thanks
Three downvotes now, RFDers apparently really like wasting food.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7156 posts
4437 upvotes
Between Countries
I'd cut them up and put them in a sauce/stew. Like Spaghetti and sausages with pasta sauce. Or Chili made with sausages. Or Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup-made-into-a-sauce with chopped sausages over pasta.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1614 posts
999 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
These downvoters for no good reason is so annoying.

I usually off load food I don't like to my unpicky family members.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
DiceMan wrote: I'd cut them up and put them in a sauce/stew. Like Spaghetti and sausages with pasta sauce. Or Chili made with sausages. Or Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup-made-into-a-sauce with chopped sausages over pasta.
They turned into a thick paste when cut up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7156 posts
4437 upvotes
Between Countries
Quentin5 wrote: They turned into a thick paste when cut up.
Then they'll work well in a chili.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
Have a photo of them? Taste sour, turn into paste...what on earth are these sausages? LOL.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19905 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
kittypink wrote: These downvoters for no good reason is so annoying.
No good reason?
Maybe some posters mistakenly thought it was a specific deal at a specific Metro
and thought it was rude of the poster not to let us know which location had this deal (or if it's in the flyer or whatever...)
Like, maybe try asking OP if it's in the flyer? lol
Who knows what some people think sometimes? lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
playnicee1 wrote: No good reason?
Maybe some posters mistakenly thought it was a specific deal at a specific Metro
and thought it was rude of the poster not to let us know which location had this deal (or if it's in the flyer or whatever...)
Like, maybe try asking OP if it's in the flyer? lol
Who knows what some people think sometimes? lol
Then those are a lot of *wrong* assumptions on the part of them sourpusses. I'd love for some accounting so these idiots will be less likely to -1 if their names show up. Just a minor and rude annoyance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6281 upvotes
Or maybe the downvotes are because OP was being greedy when he bought 7 without even trying them and they're likely going to end up in the garbage anyways ...thick paste when cut up Neutral Face I don't think even raccoons will go for that lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
hierophant wrote: Or maybe the downvotes are because OP was being greedy when he bought 7 without even trying them and they're likely going to end up in the garbage anyways ...thick paste when cut up Neutral Face I don't think even raccoons will go for that lol
On occasion I also buy multiple cans of things like beans, chef boyardee, soup and more.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26855 posts
11304 upvotes
Socially Distanced
DiceMan wrote: Then they'll work well in a chili.
Then i have to eat the chili.

tranquility922 wrote: Have a photo of them? Taste sour, turn into paste...what on earth are these sausages? LOL.
IMG_20210518_234347857.jpg
Last edited by Quentin5 on May 18th, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.