Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 10, 2012
69 posts
EAST YORK

What should I do for this job?

I applied for a marketing job in kijiji

Then I got an email saying that I have been invited to a "formal event" at the Nestle Building, located at Sheppard. I turned it down the first time cause I have summer school.

But today I got an email saying that I have been re-invited to this formal event again, tomorrow.

The job description was very dull, so I really don't know what this job is about, I have emailed them about it but no response. I don't know to do. Plus the thing is i'm only going into grade 12 this september. But anyone know what this job really is?

I remember it saying "no door to door, and no business to business job".
8 replies
Dec 9, 2007
229 posts
28 upvotes
It's most likely a scam to get you to sell to your family and friends.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2012
69 posts
EAST YORK
Ah yes, the job description was to help people convert into energy efficient products or something like that. So maybe you are right ^ There's no set wage either, it's just all salary compensation (that's how they mentioned it)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1049 posts
46 upvotes
Sounds like one of those sales jobs. Stay away.
Jun 30, 2010
236 posts
13 upvotes
that's direct energy? don't waste your time,it's door to door sales, they want you to scam other people get into contracts
[OP]
Feb 10, 2012
69 posts
EAST YORK
BlackOps wrote: that's direct energy? don't waste your time,it's door to door sales, they want you to scam other people get into contracts
That was the name! Direct energy. Thanks guys! Gonna stay away from this
Sep 23, 2011
725 posts
618 upvotes
LAVAL
my bet would be ACN. never get near those things
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5061 posts
1150 upvotes
SA5195 wrote: I applied for a marketing job in kijiji

Then I got an email saying that I have been invited to a "formal event" at the Nestle Building, located at Sheppard. I turned it down the first time cause I have summer school.

But today I got an email saying that I have been re-invited to this formal event again, tomorrow.

The job description was very dull, so I really don't know what this job is about, I have emailed them about it but no response. I don't know to do. Plus the thing is i'm only going into grade 12 this september. But anyone know what this job really is?

I remember it saying "no door to door, and no business to business job".
If they have to specifically say "no door to door", that's a sign to run. It's one of those sell to your friends and family jobs that target students and other unemployed people.

The "event" is a marketing ploy to convince you that you can make money off this. Usually this scheme involves giving you a presentation about a product and/or tips on what it takes to be successful. Near the end they will try to sign you up so that you buy these products in order to try to sell to your friends/family. Students and immigrants are very susceptible to this scheme because they have limited work experience and it's hard for them to score interviews.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2944 posts
843 upvotes
can't believe they're still recruiting people... please OP, do not waste your time and effort.