Food & Drink

What are some good restaurants in Boston and New York City?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2004 1:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18955 posts
447 upvotes
YYZ

What are some good restaurants in Boston and New York City?

Interestingly this will be my fourth time going in my life and I still don't know what's good and what's exceptionally good. I hope you guys can help me solve this problem ;) .
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1354 posts
335 upvotes
North York
My wife and I have been to New York twice, and here's the outstanding places we tried (we went to the ones rated highly on Zagat):

#1 Jean Georges (french) in Trump International. We had their $20 USD prix fix 3 course menu for lunch which was a fantastic deal. Not sure if it's still available anymore.
1 Central Park W. (bet. 60th & 61st Sts.) New York (212) 299-3900

#2 Babbo (italian). Mario Batali's restaurant (food network), fantastic service, very creative menu. The gnocchi was to die for. My sister in law recently tried their pasta sampler meal, fantastic as well. Book well in advance.
110 Waverly Pl. (bet. MacDougal St. & 6th Ave.) New York, NY, 10011 (212) 777-0303

#3 Eleven Madison Park (new american). Good overall meal, but a bit expensive. Try to order in advance the chocolate torte for dessert, crusty on the outside and silky smooth and hot on the inside.
11 Madison Ave. (24th St.) New York (212) 889-0905

#4 High Tea @ the Plaza hotel. Better book ahead and men should wear a jacket and trousers. Wonderful decor, better than most tea that I've had (including the Ritz in London).

I was really dissapointed with Nobu, Next Door. Prices were overly high and service was poor. Mostly the younger trendy crowd ate there. My friends who also ate with us that night, said they preferred Blue Ribbon sushi (multiple locations).

Can't suggest any for Boston, haven't been there recently.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
210 upvotes
Having been to New York City only once, I can't comment on the restaurants there.
Over in Boston, go to Joes. Their food prices are decent and you have to try their clam chowder. By far the best that I've tasted.