What is a Swot Analysis.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2007 1:36 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2005
1798 posts
35 upvotes

What is a Swot Analysis.

Hi there, I tried searching on google what a swat analysis exactly is. I searched on goggle about what exactly it is. Would someone be able help me explain exactly what it is. Thanks!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2005
1798 posts
35 upvotes
Weird, I never learned that in grade 11 but I'm learning it in college now =/
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4791 posts
154 upvotes
Etobicoke
lil_c09 wrote: Weird, I never learned that in grade 11 but I'm learning it in college now =/
you obviously didn't pay any attention in high school and looks like the same in college :twisted:
i goggled SWOT and answers showed right on the first result "SWOT analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaSWOT Analysis, is a strategic planning tool used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swot_analysis - 43k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this"
Nov 24, 2005
464 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
A SWot Analysis is Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. It's used to get a glimpse of the company but shouldn't be fully relied on though. You might also wanna do Porter's 5 force analysis for a better picture of the company's environment.
Oct 9, 2007
24 posts
Toronto
A SWOT analysis is a tool that is used to evaluate a business through strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats.

Strengths and weaknesses generally contain micro and macro internal influences and opportunities and threats generally contain micro and macro external influences. I hope this helps!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
2069 posts
50 upvotes
I would also do a PEST analysis first.

Otherwise it will be very hard to do a SWOT, as well look at the mission and vision statements.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4170 posts
181 upvotes
North York
Marketing 1000. Our teacher (the professional marketing guy) loves this term. I never had heard of it before.
If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Oct 22, 2007
5 posts
Everything people have said so far is accurate and true. Basically it is one of several approaches to putting together a Marketing Strategy.

Here is another source that may help you out:

SWOT Analysis

I hope the sources posted here will help you out. Good luck!
Oct 22, 2007
5 posts
Also, you want to read an article on how to write a PEST analysis, I have one of those, too:

PEST Analysisn

In fact, you may want to browse the site. There are a lot of useful articles on various subjects.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2005
1798 posts
35 upvotes
Thank you to everyone who helped. I ended up having to do a market analysis as well. In the end I ended up getting 95% :)

Thanksss.