• Feb 6th, 2021 6:33 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
946 posts
1014 upvotes

What % is Timmys chicken meat real?

Timmys grilled chicken meat almost tastes like Subway chicken meat
How much of it is real chicken?
Which is better Timmys chicken or Subway?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16494 posts
3724 upvotes
Toronto
Marketplace already covered that in their video. BOTH Subway and Tim Horton's got mentioned, to name just two places.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6072 posts
2151 upvotes
IMO, Timmy's is the 2nd worst tasting chicken out of the big chains operating in the GTA. Worst would be Subway, even before CBC ever did that story, me & my brother commented that there was something really weird with Subway's chicken, seemed very off
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36046 posts
10144 upvotes
Ottawa
Bebo123 wrote: Timmys grilled chicken meat almost tastes like Subway chicken meat
How much of it is real chicken?
Which is better Timmys chicken or Subway?
It's "almost all" real. It is picked off the bone and hen mixed together with binder and meat glue and made into shapes....LOL
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9217 posts
3554 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: It's "almost all" real. It is picked off the bone and hen mixed together with binder and meat glue and made into shapes....LOL
You forgot the part where they centrifuge it to drive out the myoglobin so the dark meat becomes "white meat."

UGA scientist takes dark out of chicken meat
https://phys.org/news/2005-08-uga-scien ... -meat.html
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36046 posts
10144 upvotes
Ottawa
lecale wrote: You forgot the part where they centrifuge it to drive out the myoglobin so the dark meat becomes "white meat."

UGA scientist takes dark out of chicken meat
https://phys.org/news/2005-08-uga-scien ... -meat.html
Geez...I didn't need to know that!! LOL
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9217 posts
3554 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Geez...I didn't need to know that!! LOL
I believe that is why KFC popcorn chicken is a) so foamy b) free with survey completion after any purchase & also why c) no one wants my completed receipts that are good for a free individual popcorn chicken, including me.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36046 posts
10144 upvotes
Ottawa
lecale wrote: I believe that is why KFC popcorn chicken is a) so foamy b) free with survey completion after any purchase & also why c) no one wants my completed receipts that are good for a free individual popcorn chicken, including me.
KFC popcorn chicken??? playnicee1 wants them...he likes them LOL
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6072 posts
2151 upvotes
lecale wrote: I believe that is why KFC popcorn chicken is a) so foamy b) free with survey completion after any purchase & also why c) no one wants my completed receipts that are good for a free individual popcorn chicken, including me.
A long time ago, maybe 7, 8, 10 yrs ago, there was an article that said on a per gram basis, KFC popcorn chicken is the #1 most unhealthy thing on any major chain fast food menu in America. I know people don't get fast food for health, but that's pretty impressive to be the #1 most unhealthy item of any major chain in America, on a per gram basis. If I recall, I think they meant saturated fat & trans fat content per gram. Maybe the recipe has changed, I don't know lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9217 posts
3554 upvotes
HP_John wrote: A long time ago, maybe 7, 8, 10 yrs ago, there was an article that said on a per gram basis, KFC popcorn chicken is the #1 most unhealthy thing on any major chain fast food menu in America. I know people don't get fast food for health, but that's pretty impressive to be the #1 most unhealthy item of any major chain in America, on a per gram basis. If I recall, I think they meant saturated fat & trans fat content per gram. Maybe the recipe has changed, I don't know lol
I think they have tweaked it because I crunched the number just now & it's still about 2X as bad as the original recipe white meat chicken pieces but still better than an original recipe thigh. I guess I do not feel bad about paying for the white meat upgrade now.

A couple of decades ago we were looking over lunch menus in the office when someone decided to take a look at the nutritional info for McNuggets & at that time the 2nd or 3rd ingredient in the ingredients list was chicken skin. That is how they got them nice & moist with the food technology of the time. After we finished howling 1 of my co-workers sulked the rest of the afternoon because that was his regular order. I hate to admit it but they are not as good as they used to be.