Fashion & Beauty

What tops can I wear with a yellow shorts?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2018 3:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5992 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver

What tops can I wear with a yellow shorts?

I was given this shorts on my birthday from my co-workers. It is basically a yellow color shorts. I have no idea if I will ever wear it given the color. However, I would like to know what I can wear it with color wise. What color combination of tops go well with yellow?

Click on picture to enlarge.

Fjällräven MEN'S KARL SHORTS in ochre
Images
  • yellow.jpg
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2660 posts
969 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Green and you'll look like a lemon tree.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1870 posts
522 upvotes
North York
Either return it or donate it. But if you really must, light grey or light blue should work. But this is just awful.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14722 posts
4221 upvotes
Montréal
Hah was this some group joke? Yellow out of all colors...Are you in construction? Black shirt I guess. Man...
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
187 upvotes
No shirt is doable. All my attention would be on your shorts if I see you out and about. You need something stronger like red. /jk

Test dark navy and see if it works.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1053 posts
439 upvotes
White, black, navy, grey will all work

Light blue or some kind of pattern will work if you wear it with confidence. I'm sure if you google you could get some ideas
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5992 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming. I might consider wearing it if I get enough idea. Looks like Fjällräven is a name brand.
Jan 16, 2009
204 posts
87 upvotes
Wow, just wow... Out of all the colours they could've got, they got you yellow. That colour must have been on clearance or something lol.
There's a picture of these shorts with a navy t-shirt which looks somewhat ok, but even then...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9581 posts
1844 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you already look like Rodney Dangerfield, I'd forgo the shorts altogether and get a proper shorts and top combo.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13510 posts
2313 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Try on a bunch of different clothing colours and decide for urself if u like any colour combos. What might look good on an image search on the internet might not translate the same for u or ur comfort level. Generally to tone down bright colours, u pair it with a neutral.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
197 upvotes
Markham, ON
Topless, marker in a white tank top.

You can always go shopping with your yellow short and try all sort of colour and see which one you like best.

The yellow shorts will look great over speedo. Wear it to the swimming pool and then strip down to your speedo or swimming boxers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6657 posts
3719 upvotes
Aurora
What's with the hate? I'm sure it can be made to work. How about paring it with some kind of patterned collared button shirt (longer bottom to cover more of the yellow).