Automotive

What type of Driver are you? You'll know what I mean after you watch it.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 9:39 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19285 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge

What type of Driver are you? You'll know what I mean after you watch it.

I've been watching so many videos YouTube on my upcoming 2022 VW GTI...

Yesterday, I ran into this from Hagerty with Jason Cammisa. Never heard of him before. He put the new 2022 Toyota GR86 up against 2022 VW GTI.

I love this production, watched it over a dozen times!

I just discovered that I'm not that guy, I'd take the GTI over the other the GR86. Not because I bought it but just can't give practically.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3064 posts
658 upvotes
Pickering
I don't get his final recommendation after mentioning all the pluses of the GTI, unless you regularly drive it on track his conclusion was the GTI was a better car? Methinks Toyota had a say in this review, regardless I'd be happy with either myself, even the Miata over the 86.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2079 upvotes
Markham
I don't get why drivers on tracks aren't wearing helmet for safety...
When I was tracking my vehicle, I worn helmet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8237 posts
899 upvotes
Brampton
Never watched the channel before this video as well. But I do remember the host was on Motortrend and a few other places.

It was done well for the entertainment factor.

I’d agree tho. Overall if my money was on the line and this was my only car, I would choose the GTI. Will give 9/10ths of the fun factor while adding in a bunch of practicality.

I feel like I would get tired of the GT86 practicality shortcomings faster and would want to upgrade to something bigger faster. Of course it would be a awesome secondary car if you want brand new and have a budget of ~$30k. But I’m also one to not like having 2 cars at the same time.