Home & Garden

What to use to cover front (concrete) porch? Would interlocking wood deck tile work?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2015 5:49 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7599 posts
4409 upvotes
Toronto

What to use to cover front (concrete) porch? Would interlocking wood deck tile work?

I'm looking for a relatively quick solution for my front porch which is currently bare concrete (previously there was carpeting that has been ripped out now but there's a bit of adhesive still stuck to the concrete).

It would be for a concrete porch that is covered but exposed like this:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4OBKp8C.png[/IMG]

Is there a way to get rid of the adhesive? It seems really stuck on however.

So I was thinking instead of getting rid of the adhesive, just covering it up instead, anybody can suggest any solutions?

I was wondering if interlocking wood deck tiles like the "Runnen" from Ikea would work? http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90234226/
I feel like those tiles are usually used in a deck / patio / balcony setting, would it be weird to use them for a front porch?

Thanks!
4 replies
Jul 7, 2010
805 posts
107 upvotes
burbs
we put interlock stone over our cement. bit of landscaping adhesive on each tile and then normal poly sand between joints. 3 yrs no lifting or shifting.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
When I got my front landscaped we used interlock and then a contrasting product on the steps and landing. It looks good.
There were several options for adhering the stone to the concrete and my landscaper suggested and he used a modified thinset because he said it would be better in the outdoor heat and cold than an epoxy glue.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7599 posts
4409 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for replies, I'm just not comfortable putting down interlocking stone since it requires a bit of work. And doesn't it mean you need to cut some stones so they fit?

I like the interlocking wood deck tiles, like the Runnen from Ikea, though I would get them from JYSK since Ikea is sold out.. That way I can also remove the tiles at any time as well. Does anyone think that those wood interlocking tiles look weird on a concrete front porch (instead of a patio or balcony or wood deck)?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9182 posts
3223 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen deck tiles at both Costco and Home Depot as well as Ikea. Costco and HD had composite tiles while HD also had wooden tiles as did Rona.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)