Automotive

What vehicle insurance company to go through?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 9:35 am
[OP]
Dec 12, 2012
386 posts
607 upvotes
Canada

What vehicle insurance company to go through?

I know it will depend on my driving record / age etc... what insurance company do you guys use and do you bundle it with home insurance?

Currently reside in Alberta - thanks guys.
4 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36183 posts
10323 upvotes
Ottawa
Insurance rates are variable and depend on lots of things, not just your driving record. Your vehicle, your location, your annual usage etc.
Your best bet is to go and see a broker (or more than one) and let them find the best rates and packages from many different insurers.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2192 posts
1578 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Insurance rates are variable and depend on lots of things, not just your driving record. Your vehicle, your location, your annual usage etc.
Your best bet is to go and see a broker (or more than one) and let them find the best rates and packages from many different insurers.
Okay follow up on this since I am an uneducated individual in the world of brokers (I'm still under my parent's insurance and need to get my own this year), now for brokers do they work just the same as an insurance company? Just call them and ask for a quote? Have to admit not sure the, uh, procedure per se...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36183 posts
10323 upvotes
Ottawa
LoANeal wrote: Okay follow up on this since I am an uneducated individual in the world of brokers (I'm still under my parent's insurance and need to get my own this year), now for brokers do they work just the same as an insurance company? Just call them and ask for a quote? Have to admit not sure the, uh, procedure per se...
An insurance broker is a person that has more than one insurance company that they represent. They could have 4, 5 or more companies that they can deal with on your behalf. There are many insurance companies and brokers deal with ones they select hence, if you choose several different brokers, they can cover almost all insurance companies and get you the best deal.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2192 posts
1578 upvotes
Thank you kindly good sir, I feel like I've done myself a disservice by not ever knowing this...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.