Entertainment

What to watch on Netflix?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2015 8:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 7, 2014
2221 posts
1511 upvotes

What to watch on Netflix?

Hey everyone,
Can someone recommend me some good movies/ shows? Something with some action or anything that you find entertaining.

Thanks!
31 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
Alvord wrote: Hey everyone,
Can someone recommend me some good movies/ shows? Something with some action or anything that you find entertaining.

Thanks!
Best of Netflix Canada

Marvel's Daredevil
Scrotal Recall
Bloodline
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Marco Polo
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2015
896 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Favourite So Far:
-The Walking Dead
-Jericho
-HOUSE OF CARDS**
-42 (Jackie Robinson)
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22250 posts
35666 upvotes
ONTARIO
I am currently on episode 11 of Daredevil. Been watching it over the past week or two. I think it's really good. I would recommend it.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
WOW does Netflix sucks. Just found it on my nephew's PS4 and in 3 weeks I have found it only contains ancient movies and no TV shows worth waching. Three's Company is not there. None of the blockbuster movies from the last 5 years are there, even movies from 10 years ago cannot be found. But there's a whole lot of unknown obscure "B" movies there, about 80% of the movies are "b" movies.

C'mon they don't even have the TV series "Cops" or the movie "Prometheus" there? Lame, don't know why people hype Netflix so much.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
26876 posts
6098 upvotes
Surviving the cut
Two weeks in hell

Both are on the US Netflix only. They follow Marines/special forces troops through the initiation. It shows how physically and mentally demanding that process is. Each show is only a handful of episodes, but they're worth watching.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2512 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto
Gammatron wrote: WOW does Netflix sucks. Just found it on my nephew's PS4 and in 3 weeks I have found it only contains ancient movies and no TV shows worth waching. Three's Company is not there. None of the blockbuster movies from the last 5 years are there, even movies from 10 years ago cannot be found. But there's a whole lot of unknown obscure "B" movies there, about 80% of the movies are "b" movies.

C'mon they don't even have the TV series "Cops" or the movie "Prometheus" there? Lame, don't know why people hype Netflix so much.
Prometheus was on Netflix awhile ago, but if you can't find it, then its run must have ended. There are some good TV series such as House Of Cards, Walking Dead etc, there are some decent movies if you sift a bit, but no recent blockbusters. My better half likes the selection of chick flicks. But let's face it, it's 7.99 month not 79.99 month and its pretty good as a supplemental source.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
741 upvotes
Daredevil
Archer
Orange is the new black
Arrow
Walking dead
Bourdains travel shows

For 7.98 and free OTR it works for us...

Kids have tons of shiws and they are no longer destroying DVDs

We do flip between the Candian and US versions
Penalty Box
User avatar
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
Biff88 wrote: Prometheus was on Netflix awhile ago, but if you can't find it, then its run must have ended. There are some good TV series such as House Of Cards, Walking Dead etc, there are some decent movies if you sift a bit, but no recent blockbusters. My better half likes the selection of chick flicks. But let's face it, it's 7.99 month not 79.99 month and its pretty good as a supplemental source.
The only nice TV show Ive seen so far is Forensic Files and some nice animal documentaries. So you are telling me that movies are rotated in and out of Netflix every often?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 26, 2004
12714 posts
3155 upvotes
Mississauga
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was just added, and that is very recent, along with X-Men: DOFP and Transformers: AoE.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
Gammatron wrote: The only nice TV show Ive seen so far is Forensic Files and some nice animal documentaries. So you are telling me that movies are rotated in and out of Netflix every often?

Yes. It's like costco. If you see something you like, get it while it is hot! Next time you go looking, you might not find it.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1288 posts
345 upvotes
I highly recommend Wentworth. It's an show set in a women's prison. Some similarities to Orange is the New Black (Wentworth was released before OITNB) but it's a very different show. It's a drama that builds and has some great moments. Very underrated and relatively unknown.

The 100 is a surprisingly good teen show. You really have to push through that first season cause it's rough in the beginning but the second season makes it worthwhile.

If you haven't watched Buffy DO IT NOW! Amazing and hasn't aged that badly. Especially one you get past the first season or two. Phenomenal characters, great writing, hilarious, and just epic. It doesn't get any better than Buffy for me.

If you're looking for straight up comedies, I recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Happy Endings. Both take a few episodes to get into the swing of things but they're pretty great.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
20585 posts
4327 upvotes
Toronto
Friends
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Archer
Daredevil
Attack on Titan
How I Met Your Mother
The Mindy Project
Arrested Development
Firefly
Top Gear
House of Cards
Suits
Mad Men
Downton Abbey
House
Grey's Anatomy
Marco Polo
Red vs Blue
Doctor Who
Avatar: The Last Airbender
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Heroes
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Planet Earth (nature documentary)


Attack the Block
The Cabin in the Woods
Catch Me if You Can
Moon
Oldboy
Ong-Bak; The Protector
Mean Girls
Gran Torino
12 Years a Slave
The Imitation Game
Both of the new Planet of the Apes movies
X-Men Days of Future Past; X-Men First Class
Enemy of the State

Too much to list, bro. Put some more effort into it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
strippedaway wrote: I highly recommend Wentworth. It's an show set in a women's prison. Some similarities to Orange is the New Black (Wentworth was released before OITNB) but it's a very different show. It's a drama that builds and has some great moments. Very underrated and relatively unknown.

The 100 is a surprisingly good teen show. You really have to push through that first season cause it's rough in the beginning but the second season makes it worthwhile.

If you haven't watched Buffy DO IT NOW! Amazing and hasn't aged that badly. Especially one you get past the first season or two. Phenomenal characters, great writing, hilarious, and just epic. It doesn't get any better than Buffy for me.

If you're looking for straight up comedies, I recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Happy Endings. Both take a few episodes to get into the swing of things but they're pretty great.
Woot, Buffy fan! Yes, an amazing show, back when the YTV line-up was pretty good.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22250 posts
35666 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gammatron wrote: So you are telling me that movies are rotated in and out of Netflix every often?
That's exactly how it works. It all has to do with license agreements between Netflix and the studios who own the movies.

Which is why you'll often find movies on different regions of Netflix that are not available on the Canadian one. As different people own the rights to it.

Top