• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2015 6:36 am
[OP]
Jul 9, 2015
32 posts
1 upvote
East York, ON

What to wear for an interview @ kumon

ok, so i have a kumon interview in a few days and i was just confused on what to wear. Like i would be fine with wearing black dress pants and a blouse. But i read on the internet that people who work at kumon usually dress casual, so now i think if i would dress like that to the interview i would be too formal.

i think i should i wear a nice blouse, with a black cardigan and khaki skinny jeans?? would this be fine? AND FOR ANYONE WHO WORKS AT KUMON ANY OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE VERRRRRYYYYYY HELPFUL. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB!
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7203 posts
8917 upvotes
Scarbs
You have different schools of thought when it comes to interview dress:
1) Suit always
2) Busi casual
3) Dress like you would if you worked there

Personally, I believe in 1). Suit always, regardless of the position. It never hurts to overdress, but it can ruin your chances if you underdress.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5554 posts
1775 upvotes
Toronto
oxsalaxo wrote: ok, so i have a kumon interview in a few days and i was just confused on what to wear. Like i would be fine with wearing black dress pants and a blouse. But i read on the internet that people who work at kumon usually dress casual, so now i think if i would dress like that to the interview i would be too formal. !
People who "WORK" there... you don't work there, yet.

Will you be wearing speedo/bikini when going to an interview for a swimming instructor or life guard job?
Nov 24, 2011
278 posts
75 upvotes
Mississauga
boyohboy wrote: Will you be wearing speedo/bikini when going to an interview for a swimming instructor or life guard job?
Then you'll be able to say, "I can start right away"
Dec 27, 2007
316 posts
119 upvotes
Safest thing to do is check with their HR department... they are used to questions like this.

Nuances in attire are usually insignificant for anything below executive and senior management levels... We had a guy show up to an interview in a purple suit and he's now working here (government).

An employer will take the more qualified candidate, even if their choice in attire is questionable within reason.
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
You dress up to all interviews, regardless of what position you are applying for; that is my mentality atleast.
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7307 posts
2304 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dress one up from people who are already working there...

so if people there are wearing casual, wear business casual clothing. or if they are wearing business casual, wear a full suit to the interview, etc.
Jul 22, 2012
535 posts
104 upvotes
Blouse and black dress pants seems ideal to me. If you had a coordinated blazer that would be nice, but I don't think it's necessary.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
472 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
labcoat, show them you are science.
Sep 15, 2010
844 posts
408 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes
Always dress business or business casual...but make sure it's something you are comfortable wearing.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2695 upvotes
Go to another Kumon location and ask the people in front. What is the big deal?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)