Shopping Discussion

What would be a good choice for wedding car ? escalade or Lincoln stretch limo ?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2015 12:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 4, 2014
57 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON

What would be a good choice for wedding car ? escalade or Lincoln stretch limo ?

Hi ,
I need your suggestions on hiring a car for my wedding . I like something simple so I am leaning little bit around Cadillac escalade , but Limo company suggest otherwise as Lincoln stretch limo is white and will look elegant and better. Price for both is same so I am confused between the two . Please suggest me what would look good ?
Thanks
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4954 posts
4522 upvotes
GTA
You will not get any advice here. It's all about saving money, not blowing it. Escalade as something simple?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6252 posts
1788 upvotes
I'd go with the limo. Escalades are a dime a dozen and driven by gang-starrs/ballers/wannabe ballers/dbags/etc. Just the name "escalade" doesn't seem that special anymore.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3761 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
sngs0850 wrote: Hi ,
I need your suggestions on hiring a car for my wedding . I like something simple so I am leaning little bit around Cadillac escalade , but Limo company suggest otherwise as Lincoln stretch limo is white and will look elegant and better. Price for both is same so I am confused between the two . Please suggest me what would look good ?
Thanks
Since the price for either car is the same, I think that your choice would be dependent on how you feel towards the image presented by the chosen car. I would also take into consideration getting into and out of the car in a wedding dress.

Remember it is a wedding - it is not as if you are going flying down to a company in a private plane that is in financial difficulty and being picked up at a private airport in a stretch limo. (Obviously this happened to me and I was only invited because there was a vacant seat on the private plane and it gave me a chance to meet the staff that I dealt with daily.)

I haven't ridden in an Escalade but a former boss had a SUV and it was tough getting into it wearing a skirt. Also number of people seated in the car would be a consideration - it is not always just the bride and groom.
Jun 30, 2008
227 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
limo for the wedding
rent an Escalade on your honeymoon
Jan 12, 2015
104 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Beige stretched Corolla
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
Is the bride using this vehicle too?
Because in a escalade, her dress will barely fit in. Those dresses have a lot of crinoline! So you may need to do the limo based on that fact alone (more room)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13610 posts
2978 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rf134a wrote: I'd go with the limo. Escalades are a dime a dozen and driven by gang-starrs/ballers/wannabe ballers/dbags/etc. Just the name "escalade" doesn't seem that special anymore.
Right. When you see the Kardashians driving them it's played out. Lincoln all the way. Black Escalades might indicate a drive-by soon enuff. Baller OG's.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Mar 17, 2009
198 posts
90 upvotes
Mississauga
We went for a stretch SUV limo. Fit our entire party in it (bride/groom, maid of honour/best man, 3 bridemaids and 3 groomsmen). Highly recommend.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
Why not just get a tandem bicycle? Or both of you show up on unicycles? I arrived at my wedding on the back of a camel, but I was married in Sudan so it might not be an option for you.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)