Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7694 posts
5128 upvotes
Victoria, BC
yao416 wrote: Mashed potatoe
20oz carribean lobster tail
10oz striploin steak
That lobster tail looks amazing. I haven't seen the big ones like that in a long time. I used to order the 10oz Caribbean lobster tails in restaurants 20 or 30 years ago, but they don't seem to have them anymore. Everything is so small now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
T&T occasionally has giant lobsters.
Got me a 5-6lb one once.
The claw was the size of a coke can.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7619 posts
2810 upvotes
I like this thread. Dinner tonight was nothing special, pizza and wings.

But looking forward to posting in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6472 posts
831 upvotes
BC
Appy, brie and shrimp on a sesame rice cracker.
Dinner, bbq steak, center of a rib steak, potatoes and salad dressed with cherry balsamic and olive oil. Hubby had lamb chops.
Wine, an all time favourite, Road 13 Merlot Syrah, 2011.
Images
  • IMG_3390.JPG
  • IMG_3392.JPG
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Dinner tonight was nothing special
Me either.
Tested pressure cooker corned beef while prepping another piece for sous vide.
Made some soft eggs for tea eggs which aren't for today, but there were a few "accidents" that had to be disposed of.
Some chicken thighs in the airoven right now.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
937 upvotes
Sask.
Last night was pork roast, roasted potatoes and carrots, peas.
Tonight I'm making venison chili, pasta, and herb/cheese biscuits.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5642 posts
2263 upvotes
Abbottabad
I had Kung Pao Chicken.
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 23rd, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rude
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
I am loaded with ham
Last: extra old cheddar, carved ham and homemade chutney on a fresh baguette
Today: ham and bean soup day, the bone is on the go in the pot
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
I had Kung Pao Chicken.
Ah yes, authentic Chinese food
/s
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1085 upvotes
do you guys workout?? if i ate these dinners everyday id get fat as hell if i didn't work out.

worth working out since i can eat anything i want and stay lean

didn't take a picture of the mash potatoes

but had a whole pot of mashed potatoes, a couple cups of corn, and a 7lb-8lb roasted honey crust ham
split between me and my grandpa

I'm amazed we finished it all

https://imgur.com/a/9SK1X
Images
  • IMG_2161.JPG
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote: but had a whole pot of mashed potatoes, a couple cups of corn, and a 7lb-8lb roasted honey crust ham

Shoulda had leftovers for this. You'd like a ham chowder...very fast to cook.

Cook 2 cups diced potato, 1 cup diced onion, 1 cup shredded carrot, salt/bouillon, pepper in 4 cups skim or 1% milk until the potatoes begin to fall apart and then add in a can of creamed corn and 2 or more cups of chopped ham; heat through.

You can do this with cod, shrimp, roast chicken, leftover turkey, etc. too.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29051 posts
14592 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote: had a whole pot of mashed potatoes, a couple cups of corn, and a 7lb-8lb roasted honey crust ham
if i ate these dinners everyday id get fat as hell if i didn't work out.
I'm pretty sure you're going to be fat regardless if you consume 5lbs of food with any sort of regularity regardless if you workout or not.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7619 posts
2810 upvotes
lecale wrote: Shoulda had leftovers for this. You'd like a ham chowder...very fast to cook.

Cook 2 cups diced potato, 1 cup diced onion, 1 cup shredded carrot, salt/bouillon, pepper in 4 cups skim or 1% milk until the potatoes begin to fall apart and then add in a can of creamed corn and 2 or more cups of chopped ham; heat through.

That sounds good. Wish I still had some of my Easter turkey left but it got made into turkey curry. Going to try this next.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1085 upvotes
lecale wrote: Shoulda had leftovers for this. You'd like a ham chowder...very fast to cook.

ill try this, i love chowder
i can't cook though but this seems simple enough, i hope
death_hawk wrote: I'm pretty sure you're going to be fat regardless if you consume 5lbs of food with any sort of regularity regardless if you workout or not.
maybe 5lbs of lard, but not ham
i still have an 8 pack and eat just as many calories everyday...i actually lose weight if i dont eat enough...

the ham was fairly lean, it had small amounts of fat on the outside
mashed potatoes has a bit of butter and the corn has no fat
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28445 posts
8906 upvotes
Hamilton
toronto19850 wrote: do you guys workout?? if i ate these dinners everyday id get fat as hell if i didn't work out.

worth working out since i can eat anything i want and stay lean

didn't take a picture of the mash potatoes

but had a whole pot of mashed potatoes, a couple cups of corn, and a 7lb-8lb roasted honey crust ham

https://imgur.com/a/9SK1X

I don't always eat like that. That meal was like once in a blue moon. Lol
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1504 upvotes
yao416 wrote: I don't always eat like that. That meal was like once in a blue moon. Lol
I'm not huge on lobster (pun unintended)--but I'm just wondering where you got that? I've never seen a tail that size before.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6472 posts
831 upvotes
BC
toronto19850 wrote: do you guys workout?? if i ate these dinners everyday id get fat as hell if i didn't work out.

On the weekends we tend to eat a little more extravagant than during the week when there is no time to prepare a nice meal. Smoked chicken tonight! I'll take a pic when its done and post ;)
That's my 2cents worth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)