What are you having for dinner? *PICS*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2022 10:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
8871 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Thorkell wrote: it came out to be okay. should I have brushed oil on wings when they already got skin?
I've done air fried wings for 20-30 minutes without coating in a soy marinade and they come out nice and juicy...skin is crispy too!
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12600 posts
6663 upvotes
My best friend and I Just got back from a 40 guy 4 night weekend golf trip to the thousand Islands state side. 43rd anniversary of the trip, but 1st time since Covid started! Amazing time. So good to be normal again.

Wifey and his wifey stayed at our house with the 4 boys all weekend ( don't worry they do a girls cottage weekend, so it's a fair trade).

Saturday night they did slow cooker chicken for wraps. I did some quick air frier burritos, as everyone else had eaten.
Images
  • IMG_20220725_175558~2.jpg
  • IMG_20220725_175613~2.jpg
Feb 4, 2018
337 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: Air fried chicken sandwiches
That dinner looks delicious!

Is that background image in pic #2 a Shania Twain concert?
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12600 posts
6663 upvotes
ElaineB852835 wrote: That dinner looks delicious!

Is that background image in pic #2 a Shania Twain concert?
Ha, I think it is just the video for "man, I feel like a woman".
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12600 posts
6663 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: I know its “fahita”.
But secretly in my head i read it as
“Fah gee ta!”
My Mom pronounces it "F eye eeee ta". for some reason.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7561 posts
2683 upvotes
Grilled salmon glazed with Sriracha, creamy mustard, garlic and seafood rub. Spinach salad and my new favourite pasta. Lemon ricotta mezzaluna sauced with white wine butter sprinkled with basil, parsley and chilis.

Fresh pasta, Duso brand from Costco. Highly recommended. It was so good yesterday I made more today and served on a bed of aurugula and added peas to the mixture.
Images
  • 20220729_000746.jpg
Feb 4, 2018
337 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Grilled salmon glazed with Sriracha, creamy mustard, garlic and seafood rub. Spinach salad and my new favourite pasta. Lemon ricotta mezzaluna sauced with white wine butter sprinkled with basil, parsley and chilis.

Fresh pasta, Duso brand from Costco. Highly recommended. It was so good yesterday I made more today and served on a bed of aurugula and added peas to the mixture.
Great looking dinner @bonterra colourful and full of flavour. I will look for that fresh pasta at Costco: love lemon and ricotta. I appreciate meal options that require minimal prep--very helpful recommendation.
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6409 posts
5789 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Air fried chicken sandwiches
I normally don't eat/make chicken but I got some from a local farm. What's your recipe for breading/coating if you don't mind sharing? I'm going to attempt this in the air fryer this weekend. I was just planning to coat it with egg and then dip it in flour/spice but how do I make it so it's like fried chicken (e.g., the fat)?

Tonight was homemade kebab on a pita with generous topping homemade baba ganoush and white wine sangria.....so good!! Unfortunately, had to put ice in the sangria because I made it last minute and it didn't chill. Should be perfect for tomorrow.
Images
  • 20220729_175551.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12600 posts
6663 upvotes
hierophant wrote: I normally don't eat/make chicken but I got some from a local farm. What's your recipe for breading/coating if you don't mind sharing? I'm going to attempt this in the air fryer this weekend. I was just planning to coat it with egg and then dip it in flour/spice but how do I make it so it's like fried chicken (e.g., the fat)?

Tonight was homemade kebab on a pita with generous topping homemade baba ganoush and white wine sangria.....so good!! Unfortunately, had to put ice in the sangria because I made it last minute and it didn't chill. Should be perfect for tomorrow.
Oh... I don't know. Wifey made this while was doing yard work. I walked in on it done and asked no questions.

The kebab looks great!
Last edited by Gutty96 on Jul 29th, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6409 posts
5789 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Grilled salmon glazed with Sriracha, creamy mustard, garlic and seafood rub. Spinach salad and my new favourite pasta. Lemon ricotta mezzaluna sauced with white wine butter sprinkled with basil, parsley and chilis.

I'm not sure if your portions are small or mine are big but I think I'd still be hungry lol....looks good! The pasta sounds amazing btw!
Gutty96 wrote: Wifey made Air fried fish tacos
I love fish tacos!!! Never thought about using the air fryer though....do find that it smells up the whole house like fish? That's my worry. I tend to make fish on the BBQ when possible for this reason.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12600 posts
6663 upvotes
hierophant wrote: I'm not sure if your portions are small or mine are big but I think I'd still be hungry lol....looks good! The pasta sounds amazing btw!

I love fish tacos!!! Never thought about using the air fryer though....do find that it smells up the whole house like fish? That's my worry. I tend to make fish on the BBQ when possible for this reason.
Surprisingly, it didn't smell up the house much at all. Not sure what fish it was, but it as pretty non offensive.
Jun 21, 2022
307 posts
322 upvotes
Gta
hierophant wrote: I normally don't eat/make chicken but I got some from a local farm. What's your recipe for breading/coating if you don't mind sharing? I'm going to attempt this in the air fryer this weekend. I was just planning to coat it with egg and then dip it in flour/spice but how do I make it so it's like fried chicken (e.g., the fat)?

This has been pretty successful for me.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/air-fryer-chicken-sandwich/

I give a quick spray of PAM when it goes in and when I flip.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7561 posts
2683 upvotes
hierophant wrote: I'm not sure if your portions are small or mine are big but I think I'd still be hungry lol....looks good! The pasta sounds amazing btw!
Yes, the portions are deliberately small, the salmon is Coho so it's very rich, with the cheesy filling in the pasta a little of that goes a long way too.

Thanks. It is amazing, I braved Costco on a Saturday to get another package.

I've been serving the pasta warm but not hot, it's like a warm pasta salad. Next I want to put it on a bed of arugula with a very light vinaigrette, probably the Panera Champagne Vinegar and Shallot one I get from Sobeys or the Stonewall Kitchens Lemon and add capers and slivered red onions and some hot smoked salmon. Top it with herbs and some grated parmesan or crumbled goat cheese. A full meal salad.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6409 posts
5789 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Yes, the portions are deliberately small, the salmon is Coho so it's very rich, with the cheesy filling in the pasta a little of that goes a long way too.

Thanks. It is amazing, I braved Costco on a Saturday to get another package.

I've been serving the pasta warm but not hot, it's like a warm pasta salad. Next I want to put it on a bed of arugula with a very light vinaigrette, probably the Panera Champagne Vinegar and Shallot one I get from Sobeys or the Stonewall Kitchens Lemon and add capers and slivered red onions and some hot smoked salmon. Top it with herbs and some grated parmesan or crumbled goat cheese. A full meal salad.
I'm going to look out for that pasta...your review of it has sold me!

So here's my version of "fried chicken". I ended up making bread crumbs from bread ends instead of using flour. I put in a bunch of spices but I forgot salt so it was kind of bland and I didn't flatten the chicken enough (it was start rip...is that right word)? At any rate, it was OK...I'm finding I just don't enjoy chicken. I might try Gutty's wife's chicken sandwich tomorrow with the remaining.
Images
  • 20220730_182722.jpg