Food & Drink

What are you having for dinner? *PICS*

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2023 4:13 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
18610 posts
13427 upvotes
Markham
Gutty96 wrote: How do you get the egg like that!?
KanataKG wrote: High temp in a wok/skillet with lots of oil
Yep. Not too much oil, but yes you do need some.

It's interesting the contrasting styles of cooking a simple thing as sunny side up egg.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7684 posts
2924 upvotes
A very peppery full meal salad. Bed of arugula and watercress. Lots of sliced radishes. Hot smoked salmon flaked and more of those lemon ricotta mezzaluna. Chives and dill topping with a lemon vinaigrette. Red onion.

Side was a cucumber salad with lots of dill and. a sour cream yogurt dressing.
Images
  • 20220808_194036.jpg
  • 20220808_193915.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13461 posts
7729 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Yep. Not too much oil, but yes you do need some.

It's interesting the contrasting styles of cooking a simple thing as sunny side up egg.
Ya, for sure. We do ours in a non-stick pan, with a little water and a lid. No flip, but a nice soft egg with a runny yolk. It's almost like a flat poach.
Sr. Member
Jun 21, 2022
709 posts
960 upvotes
Gta
@bonterra , @lecale , I’d be over for noodles if I got an invite from either of you. Both look Delish.

@Gutty96 , the whole plate of pork skewers and naan is making me hungry!
<unnecessary signature>
Member
Feb 4, 2018
492 posts
1045 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: .......more of those lemon ricotta mezzaluna
Thank you @bonterra for this recommendation: we tried the lemon-ricotta pasta from Costco this past week--it's delicious. We enjoy it warm or cold.
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7684 posts
2924 upvotes
ElaineB852835 wrote: Thank you @bonterra for this recommendation: we tried the lemon-ricotta pasta from Costco this past week--it's delicious. We enjoy it warm or cold.
So glad you found them and enjoy them!!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 6, 2005
9358 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
Crispy roasted chicken...beer can was too tall so poured some on the bottom to with drippings to make gravy!!
Images
  • 20220809_170243.jpg
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
5817 posts
4437 upvotes
Ogata wrote: Crispy roasted chicken...beer can was too tall so poured some on the bottom to with drippings to make gravy!!
did you salt the inside of the chicken prior to cooking?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 6, 2005
9358 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: did you salt the inside of the chicken prior to cooking?
Yes I used a dry rub with soy sauce...using this beer can stand...the skin always comes out crispy on BOTH sides...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
5817 posts
4437 upvotes
Ogata wrote: Yes I used a dry rub with soy sauce...using this beer can stand...the skin always comes out crispy on BOTH sides...
you should try a spatchcocked chicken and compare the two. Both will have crispy skin all over.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6702 posts
6309 upvotes
lecale wrote: poor man's duck confit? The pure chicken fat adds a nutty element.
I was looking forward to seeing pictures of your chicken wings!
bonterra wrote: So glad you found them and enjoy them!!
I'm going to Costco this week. Is it located where the other pastas and vegetarian foods are in refrigerated section by vegetable fridge?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 6, 2005
9358 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: you should try a spatchcocked chicken and compare the two. Both will have crispy skin all over.
I find using the beer can stand all the juices stay in the stand and not all over your roasting tray...tried spatch cocked by buying the premade Keg ones at Costco and I would say equal crispy...never going back to traditional rack roasting again unless someone has a sure fire way as flipping it still gets one end soggy.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7684 posts
2924 upvotes
hierophant wrote: I was looking forward to seeing pictures of your chicken wings!



I'm going to Costco this week. Is it located where the other pastas and vegetarian foods are in refrigerated section by vegetable fridge?
Yup, that's exactly where they are.

Anybody tried the Rana Chicken Piccatta kit found in the same section?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7684 posts
2924 upvotes
ElaineB852835 wrote: Thank you @bonterra for this recommendation: we tried the lemon-ricotta pasta from Costco this past week--it's delicious. We enjoy it warm or cold.
Interesting you mention eating them hot or cold. I've been doing both, hot with a butter wine sauce and cold with a lemon vinaigrette. I find serving cold brings out the lemon flavour more intensely.

Nice tender, thin and light dough too.

I'm trying to think of more salad combinations for them, so far I've just done smoked or grilled salmon with peppery greens and radishes. I can see something with sliced grilled chicken and spinach. Maybe throw in some blueberries. With a sweet onion vinaigrette.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6702 posts
6309 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Yup, that's exactly where they are.

Had it for dinner tonight...yum! I just had plain with some butter as per instructions and garden. It's very good, thanks for letting us know about it.

The strong lemon flavour and aroma does make me question if it's real or artificial flavouring though.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7684 posts
2924 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Had it for dinner tonight...yum! I just had plain with some butter as per instructions and garden. It's very good, thanks for letting us know about it.

The strong lemon flavour and aroma does make me question if it's real or artificial flavouring though.
Yes, I've wondered the same myself. It's a very concentrated lemon flavour, usually when lemon is that concentrated it gets bitter. The pasta filling is almost sweet, especially if eaten cold. Kind of a bit candied.

It's given me the idea the pasta might be good with fruit in a salad, like blueberries or strawberries.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
50574 posts
14946 upvotes
ONTARIO
bonterra wrote: A very peppery full meal salad. Bed of arugula and watercress. Lots of sliced radishes. Hot smoked salmon flaked and more of those lemon ricotta mezzaluna. Chives and dill topping with a lemon vinaigrette. Red onion.

Side was a cucumber salad with lots of dill and. a sour cream yogurt dressing.
ElaineB852835 wrote: Thank you @bonterra for this recommendation: we tried the lemon-ricotta pasta from Costco this past week--it's delicious. We enjoy it warm or cold.
Damn y’all hyping it up. Makes me want one now too!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
18610 posts
13427 upvotes
Markham
bonterra wrote: Yes, I've wondered the same myself. It's a very concentrated lemon flavour, usually when lemon is that concentrated it gets bitter. The pasta filling is almost sweet, especially if eaten cold. Kind of a bit candied.

It's given me the idea the pasta might be good with fruit in a salad, like blueberries or strawberries.
You all probably should hoard the stuff because with Costco you never know how long that item will be stocked.

I'm still waiting for and will probably never see those cedar planks at Costco anymore.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6702 posts
6309 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Yes, I've wondered the same myself. It's a very concentrated lemon flavour, usually when lemon is that concentrated it gets bitter. The pasta filling is almost sweet, especially if eaten cold. Kind of a bit candied.

It's given me the idea the pasta might be good with fruit in a salad, like blueberries or strawberries.
The pasta tastes like a lemon dessert that I've had but I can't place my finger on it. I prefer spicy and savoury over sweet for mains, so I can only see myself eating this occasionally and on its own (I wouldn't eat it with vegetables or protein)...I had my garden salad beforehand. Let us know how the fruit goes with it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)