• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 2:22 pm
[OP]
Jun 4, 2017
119 posts
88 upvotes

What are you paying for Optik TV/Internet

I got gigabit Fiber with unlimited data down to $56/month

Just got off the phone with Telus they are offering me the 11 theme pack + 2 premium Optik tier with two free PVRs for and additional $80/month no term. If I do a two year term then I must go on a two year internet term as well so the net discount will be around the same term or not.

$80.00 / optik 11 theme + 2 PVR
(18.99) / Netflix Premium
(7.99) / Amazon prime
(19.98) / Craze + HBO + Movies
----------
$33.04 So essentially $33.04 for 11 Telus theme packs

This is compared to $12/month for a IKS subscriptions to 91 and 82, I don't subscribe to Crave anyways so Telus is almost $40/month more expensive. Anyone manage to get them lower on price?
4 replies
Feb 9, 2008
338 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Screenshot 2021-05-03 184229.png

Retentions took the whole bill from 216 (off contract) down to about 160.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5108 posts
5230 upvotes
Vancouver
There's a long thread on Telus deals in the Ongoing Deals forum. Your individual deal would be most helpful to others if you post it there.

Deals are highly individual, depending on where you live, past history with Telus, whether you are a new customer or a retention customer, current Telus sales priorities vs. the services you want, month of the year, competition in your area, which agent you get, and of course whether you are willing to sign a 2-year service agreement where you agree to pay for Telus service but they don't agree to keep the price fixed.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2017
119 posts
88 upvotes
Posted there but sadly that thread turned into most asking to be contacted by reps and never actually sharing their results. For what it's worth the rep did reach out and said what Telus offered me is below what he can do anyways. Guess I'll give retentions a call again later, the agent that offered $80/month said I have a high value account so hopefully I get a supervisor in a good mood.
Last edited by freeloader247 on May 4th, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2017
119 posts
88 upvotes
awesome, can you share the details of what the Optik billing looks like?